Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I've been checking out the forum for about a month now (purchased a C50 in October of last year) and am loving how big of a following and community there seems to be for these bikes. I'm fairly new to riding as I only first started in August of last year but I've enjoyed every minute of it so far.

Right now I've got mine in storage for winter here as it's way too cold and snowy to permit any riding. I'm in the process of redoing the whole bike and would like to do the final drive mod as well as naked jugs and a bully controller. The bike already has V&H straight shots and I'm told that the original owner bored out the cylinders to close to 900cc (if that's true I'm not sure but it does seem to have a bit more pep than stock C50's I've seen). The bike is going to be bobbed and I'm attempting to do it up in a theme/paint scheme patterned after the old F-86 Sabres the Air Force flew back in the 50's.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. If there's anyone in the area give a shout, it'd be nice to find some other nearby Boulevard owners on here. Thanks for having a great resource here for these bikes and I look froward to contributing to the community!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hello, From Ohio!

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome from NW Florida! I used to love watching the South Korean AF fly F-86's when I was stationed there in 79-80. Good luck with your project.

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
EH! :cool:

<---<<

Pix as you progress with the bobbing.............

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome from nellis AFB. No snow here. Been riding all winter. No plans on stopping. Check out my forums and topics. I've bobbed my bike. Only cost me $120 bucks so far. Check out my forums and you will see how. It's ugly but it works for me. And I had the same **** paint idea lol. Airbrushed rivits and all lol. Best of luck. Pm me if you have any questions on my monster ugly bike lol. Welcome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Hello from Lafayette, IN. Thank you for your service. I was in SAC KC135, long ago, so long ago I think JP4 was just invented then. BTW it is almost impossible to bore this engine because of water jackets. If there is a way to add cubes you have my full attention

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and support for the service, it's great to see so many people from so many places.

Kcroz: That's awesome. Must've been a sight to see, those still flying in the 80's. And thanks, I'm really hoping it turns out well.

t-man: Definitely! Right now it's sitting in storage with the fenders, seat, and tank removed. I've got the de-PAIR kit ordered so I'll be doing that soon and as soon as I can get a Bully I'm going to remove the filter as well and put a UNI under the tank. Also have two brand new Metzeler whitewalls just waiting for decent weather so I can get those put on.

TSkins: Really? My folks were just out there stopping off on their way back home to Cali to see family. You guys must have great weather right now! You're doing a great job on such a small budget with that bike! I know mine is going to cost almost as much as I paid for it when it's done, but if it's exactly the way I want it I'll never get rid of it. I'm still on the fence about whether I want to do the airbrushed rivets, it'll either be that or polish the aluminum fenders I'm getting to make it look like the panels on the skin of most of the aircraft they had with the typical yellow stripes and some caution markings and the old star and bar. Maybe airbrush the .50 cal parts on either side of the tank haha.

Mort: No kidding?! My dad was on A & Q models back in Southeast Asia as a crew chief (when crew chiefs were still flyers). Haha he's still upset when he comes out here and sees SAC headquarters renamed to STRATCOM. Lot's of things have changed, and not for the better, but that's a whole 'mother discussion right there. As far as the engine, I'm hesitant, the previous owner told me that the guy he bought it from did a bunch of stuff to it and that was supposedly one of them but I want to take it down the street to a shop that has a dyne and see for sure. Far as I can tell it's not chipped or has anything but the V&H exhaust but it still seems to have more pep so I'm not sure why. Since I'm tearing it down I think I'll find more out but when I do I'll be sure to post it up here.

Again, thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, I'm really glad I found this forum.

·
Super Moderator
22,500 Posts
Snowy Ct says morning and thanks for your service.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome from the Left Coast - post pics once you start the remodel.

·
Registered
666 Posts
missouri mule

Welcome from Missouri. Just down the road from you in St. joe Mo. I have a 07 c50 with DJ drive & mod exhaust. X navy man 63-67.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts