Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i wanted to introduce myself my name is Peter i am a professional Firefighter in Stamford CT. I also operate a Haunted House in October for Halloween (that would explain the scary screen name). I am a 35 year old newb when it comes to riding and have never owned a motorcycle before. I think i always thought i would kill myself on one, but now i believe with a wife and 3 kids i am responsible enough not to take bonehead chances =). I was really happy to find this forum, reading through the posts every one seems genuine and nice. I hope to make many new friends and contacts through the use of it. I am in the process of purchasing a 2003 Volusia 30th anniversary with 917 miles on it, so if all goes well you will hear alot more from me =)

·
Administrator
16,388 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts, once you get used to the bike, think about coming to the Yankee Rally in July. Bring the wife, a good time will be had by all!!!

~Jay

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Welcome from North East Florida. If you have'nt already then consider taking the motorcycyle safety course. As for you doing something "boneheaded"... probably not. But it is the others on the road that are'nt watching out for you that you have to beware of. Be safe. And you are right. The folks here are the best.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Hello Peter and welcome from Windsor Locks to the V.R. family. Good to have another member in Connecticut joining, there's a few of us here and while you are a bit farther away than most, definitely think about joining us for some rides (and the Yankee Ralley that Capt Cruiser mentioned, which will easily be the main event this and every year) after you got comfortable on your own. If you haven't done so already, I hotly recommened the MSF Safety course; it's incredable what you will learn and can possibly safe your life one day - but certainly will make you a better rider.

Welcome again and keep us posted about the Haunted House, we'll make sure to come down and act all scary :lol:

Cheers,
Carsten

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome

Hello Peter,

Welcome from Old Lyme, CT. Be carefull over there. Stamford is a very congested place. Good luck with the Volusia.

Raygun

·
Premium Member
14,446 Posts
Welcome from Woosta.......

Pull up a chair, the beer is in the fridge

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already signed up for the Basic riding course for CT i start this Friday and im pumped. Hey Mort, Middlebury is about 45 min north of Stamford. Raygun your right, Stamford is very congested. Hopefully most of my riding will be in distant lands :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
:D Welcome from Western Massachusetts! I'm a newbee too, and I highly recommend the MSF course, as well. I went two weeks ago, and learned exactly how much I didn't know! The best money ever spent! They'll teach you how to AVOID problems with the cagers out there that are NOT looking for motorcycles. Welcome and safe travels. Michelle (Capt.'s other half!)

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Welcome from central florida

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Welcome from Thomaston, CT...only 15 min. from Middlebury!

Mort - where does your wife work in Middlebury...Chemtura? That's a helluva commute from IN!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Welcome from N. W. Florida!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome from Auburn Mass.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
WELCOME from Texas.

Pete

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome from So. California. I spent my 'wonder years' in Greenwich, but that was many many years ago. Great choic of bikes, you're gonna love it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts