Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks - just bought an '03 Volusia from a friend from high school down in Charlotte. She's done some nice mods (bags, forward controls, windscreen) so it's ready to go. First ride was the 130 miles home Sunday following the tail end of a thunderstorm - soggy but good! Was great to see at least another 50-60 bikes out cruising NC49/US64 in the rain with me - definitely made me remember what I've been missing!

Rode smaller Suzukis ('82 GS450L, '82 GS650G) for years until about 10 years ago. My first words after the test ride were "I'll never go this long without a bike again!"

I may be looking for tips from you guys on mods to make my co-rider more comfortable (she's 5'10" and those pegs are REALLY high) - I've already seen a few hints here that look worth trying.

Here's to warm days and dry pavement!

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut. One of our finest (BIKERPOP) lives in North Carolina (Crabtree), have no idea how far that is from you. Many people in your area - hope you will enjoy a few nice group rides.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Welcome to the site from Missouri. Congrats on the new scoot.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Welcome from North East Florida.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome from Asheville. the side to side swap on the footpegs moves them forward about 3 inches or you can flip them upside down and move them down about that much

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Welcome from N. W. Florida !!!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Welcome from way out west in Phoenix, AZ!

·
Administrator
53,914 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from Asheville NC. Let us know when you are coming to the Mountains of WNC to ride

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the welcome, y'all - and for the tips on co-rider pegs. I'll definitely give that a shot! Asheville riders - my folks live in Yancey County so I'll see you on the Parkway this summer...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Greetings from Oak Ridge Tennessee!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts