Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, well.. finally got a green light from the lady on a bike. Ok, truth said, it's a yellow light.. but, gonna run it!

Anyways, for a couple years now I have been looking at the c50. I just love their style. The last bike I had was back when I was about 15 (kawasaki 90) and now I am 38 so its been awhile.

Anyways, what I am looking for is a possibly a 2005-2006 very low mileage bike hopefully with accessories for around 5500. Sound doable? What should I look for when buying a used bike to ensure that the person has kept it up well? Basically, really looking for some pointers here. :)

Thanks

btw - NW Arkansas here..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,921 Posts
Welcome from central florida

$5500 w/ accessories and at the beginning of the riding season? Good luck! $5600-5800 for a bare bike , ya.

Of course it also depend on the economy in you area too.

My '06 was 5800 stock w/ no extras and 1750 mi and 4 smal scratches last year. Don't forget tax, tag and title, and any dealer charges you may get ripped of for.

look the bike over for scratches and and small marks., lookat the bike and see if something on it dosn't look right. funny angle to bars, fork, wear pattern on the tire. If possible hear the engine start and run.

The Fuel injection on The c50 is damn near bullet proof in operation so that should be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boxwrench said:
Welcome from central florida

$5500 w/ accessories and at the beginning of the riding season? Good luck! $5600-5800 for a bare bike , ya.

Of course it also depend on the economy in you area too.

My '06 was 5800 stock w/ no extras last year. Don't forget tax, tag and title, and any dealer charges you may get ripped of for.
hmm.. fair enough. The new stock C50's locally right now are 6400. Hmm.. not sure about dealer charges.

What, if any, accessories would I def need to think about getting on the way out the door?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,921 Posts
depends on you riding style. Me: Shield, lowers, aux lights, stebil horn and saddle bags. However you can save $$ by smart shopping. Get the bike and then look around . Like in our swap meet, ebay, and the online vendors.

we even have members w/ thier own business online here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Welcome from TN. Sold my 05 C50 with 9,000 miles recently for $5000 and she was loaded to the gills. It's very doable. Check the " Bikes for Sale " sectrion here and craigs list for your area. Enjoy the ride 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,046 Posts
Look in the "Bikes For Sale" section here and get yourself an idea of a used one. There are some out there if you want to go used.
New, your pretty much at the dealers discretion and need to shop for a good stealer. :wink:
Look under the bike too. See if that frame is scraped and really look over the bolt heads all over the bike to see what has been played with in it's life. You'll be able to tell a lot from a bike by it's bolt heads. Whether or not they have been removed and what was removed. Some folks seem to forget to look at them when buying a used bike that appears to be in good shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,850 Posts
^^^That's good advice from Gary about the bolt heads. Some popular accessories that people eventually spend money on include: highway bars, light bar or extra running lights, saddle bags, windshield, louder horn, sissy bar and luggage rack. Good luck in your search!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,858 Posts
welcome from cambridge, ontario :) plenty of good advice here!

cheers!

-mistress k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,595 Posts
Welcome from Lafayette, Indiana. Aside from all these great suggestions, also run your hands around the end of the handlebars, clutch and brake hand levers, if it fell over the ends will be damaged and if the owner didn't care to replace them, what else didn't he give a rip about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fletch24990 said:
Welcome from Louisiana, where you from? Good luck with your hunt for the perfect bike.
From Fort Smith here.

The only thing worth looking at in a driveable distance is this one I found on craiglist...

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/616204495.html

Custom paint job and low mileage. Doesn't have much in accessories atm and I am not too sure on the white walls.

Wife and I are going to go looking at bikes this weekend. Should be fun! Thanks a plenty for all helpful replies!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,921 Posts
Jungle said:
fletch24990 said:
Welcome from Louisiana, where you from? Good luck with your hunt for the perfect bike.
From Fort Smith here.

The only thing worth looking at in a driveable distance is this one I found on craiglist...

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/616204495.html

Custom paint job and low mileage. Doesn't have much in accessories atm and I am not too sure on the white walls.

Wife and I are going to go looking at bikes this weekend. Should be fun! Thanks a plenty for all helpful replies!
819cc!!!!
wow Did I buy the wrong bike W/ my piddly 805cc? :lol:

What special edtion C50 is THAT? :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boxwrench said:
Jungle said:
fletch24990 said:
Welcome from Louisiana, where you from? Good luck with your hunt for the perfect bike.
From Fort Smith here.

The only thing worth looking at in a driveable distance is this one I found on craiglist...

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/616204495.html

Custom paint job and low mileage. Doesn't have much in accessories atm and I am not too sure on the white walls.

Wife and I are going to go looking at bikes this weekend. Should be fun! Thanks a plenty for all helpful replies!
819cc!!!!
wow Did I buy the wrong bike W/ my piddly 805cc? :lol:
lol, yeah, I noticed that as well. I chalked it up either a typo or someone who doesn't know anything about his bike but has a paint brush. Hoping for the former.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,843 Posts
Welcome to V.R. from Connecticut!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
Welcome to VR.com from Oak Ridge, Tennessee!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99,999 Posts
WELCOME from Texas.

Pete
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top