Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
We've been fighting for 10 months now. I haven't added it up, but I figure the bill is probably around $400k so far. I am definitely getting my money's worth out of my health insurance. We've only come out of pocket for about $7k.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Praying for ya Dave. And for a good PET scan.

Reactions: Rob 61

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Off the top of my head, I know it's well over $200K by now.

Prayers Whiskey

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
UPDATE POST PET SCAN

The Dr walked in & asked if we had champagne ready for tonight. He said the news was that good.
DAVE IS IN REMISSION !!! All the places that lit up the scan 4 months ago are showing nothing now. Lymph nodes are back to regular, liver shows nothing, bones show nothing. It truly is miraculous. Thanks be to GOD
They're having Dave finish the next 3 months of chemo. They want to make sure there's nothing hiding. Doc gave him the day off from chemo today in celebration. Starts back up next week.
We cannot express how much your support & prayers have meant to us. God has answered those prayers. I would ask for continued prayers to get Dave & I through the next 3 months.
I truly love you guys !
Robyn

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
That's great news, awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Glad to hear the good new for Dave and You.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Well, 9 chemo sessions down, 3 to go. Dave is doing great. They dropped his chemo drugs down to one. And he has to get magnesium every 2 weeks or so. His skin is a mess & he's lost a lot of hair. But we'll take that. Hoping his hair comes back strong once he's done with chemo. His weight has been holding at 160 for the last 3 weeks or so. He'd like to add another 25.
We've been busy planning our vacations for next year. When we heard the original prognosis, we planned a trip to Scotland. We wanted to see our close friends for what we figured was the last time. Now we think of it as the first of many. That will be in April. In August we take a cruise in Alaska. That was supposed to be this year, but they cancelled on us. Our son will be joining us for that trip. Our first real family vacation. Our family vacations were moving from one duty station to another :D
It seems our lives are going to get back to normal. Boring. But boring is good. We have a lot to be thankful for this year.

·
Administrator
55,766 Posts
Well, 9 chemo sessions down, 3 to go. Dave is doing great. They dropped his chemo drugs down to one. And he has to get magnesium every 2 weeks or so. His skin is a mess & he's lost a lot of hair. But we'll take that. Hoping his hair comes back strong once he's done with chemo. His weight has been holding at 160 for the last 3 weeks or so. He'd like to add another 25.
We've been busy planning our vacations for next year. When we heard the original prognosis, we planned a trip to Scotland. We wanted to see our close friends for what we figured was the last time. Now we think of it as the first of many. That will be in April. In August we take a cruise in Alaska. That was supposed to be this year, but they cancelled on us. Our son will be joining us for that trip. Our first real family vacation. Our family vacations were moving from one duty station to another :D
It seems our lives are going to get back to normal. Boring. But boring is good. We have a lot to be thankful for this year.
Great to hear this news about Your hubby Robin!
I also am down to 160's lbs at last scale check.
When they admitted me to the hospital I was 195 lbs.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts