Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking for prayers, good thoughts & karma for my husband Dave. We found out today that he has colon cancer. We know surgery & chemo is in his future but that's all. Should be seeing the Oncologist again this week. Thank you all for being my VR family.

Reactions: Dylan Justice

·
Administrator
55,766 Posts
Adding another prayer to the bunch.

Reactions: Rob 61

·
Super Moderator
4,731 Posts
Sending our strongest prayers for Dave and a speedy recovery.. Stay strong!

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
Oh, hell! That stinks!

Prayers on the way, girlfriend -- for Dave and you, too. <<HUGS>>

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Sorry to hear, Robyn. Tell Dave we're all pulling for him, and that he needs to get better so you guys can plan your next trip to visit your Yankee cousins up here in the Northeast!

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
Prayers sent

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update:
Dave has seen the oncologist & surgeon. He has stage 4 colon cancer. He'll have surgery next week to remove the tumor & part of his colon. 4 weeks after that he'll start chemo. The cancer has spread to his bones & other parts of his body. The avg survival time is 3 years.
Medicine can change a lot in 3 years, so your continued prayers are asked for.

·
Super Moderator
30,910 Posts
Prayers are still coming. There are lots of people who were told 6 months and lived another 10 years. Keep the hope up. If they give him folfirinox chemo, tell him to ice his hands and eat popsicles during the oxaliplatin infusion. That cold sensitivity it causes is a real pain.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
That sure sucks! Best Wishes for successful treatments. As said, some people do manage to beat poor odds. I go for a scope in Oct as a 5 yr followup to polyps they found the last time.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts