Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great morning went bad! As we were riding today on mountains in PA, a Tractor Trailer was way left of center as Nzinga(my fiance) was rounding a curve and the trailer side swipe the left side of her bike! She broke 2 fingers on left hand, chip bone on left wrist and deep tissue bruise on left foot. All due to the side swipe. The truck just kept going! A witness call 911 and chased the truck down and State Troopers caught the @$#%^&[email protected]% on the Pennsylvania Turn Pike!!! Hit and run!!! Nzinga is home and she is fine. She is totally under Tha Kangs care!! I think the bike is totaled, oil leaking from engine like a faucet, shifter, floor board, and highway bar is wedged to side of motor, handle bars twisted, mirror snapped off, saddlebag ripped off. Shout out to DougLaura for all y'all help and getting Nzinga home from the hospital!! We can't thank you enough!!!! We owe you big time!!!! True friends!!!! Nzinga is resting and talking about getting another bike!!:shades:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Safe bet that driver has no job to go back to.
DOT are strict mofo's when it comes to commercial drivers...according to Pa. he won't be driving for at least a year...fed statute says same.

At least the only fatality was the bike...not much of an upside, but better than the other possible outcome.

Hope she gets well soon.

·
Administrator
16,708 Posts
Prayers heading out for quick healing.

Got a feeling she's going to wake up very sore today, maybe with some new aches and pains.

Glad she was able to walk away.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So glad she's going to be ok.
Glad they caught the truck driver.
Do you think he knew he hit her?
If he did, and took off anyways, I hope they throw the book at him.
yes, he knew he hit her as he was looking out his window looking at the trail of his trailer!

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks EVERYONE for showing all the LOVE!!! She has a lil water in her eyes seeing all the comment!! Pulling the late night hospitality shift tonight!!! She is resting but the soreness is starting to set In from the perfect 10 dismount from the bike. The tuck-n-roll was executed prefect!!! (She will have words for me on this statement!! hey, I have to be me right!!!!) I'm GLAD I can joke a lil!!! LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Mark,

I am so sorry to read your post, but glad that Nzinga was not hurt worse. It really sucks to be on the receiving end of someone else's stupidity.

I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.