Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any issues along the way?

Not a one. Still have the original clutch; thinking of replacing it one of these days, but it doesn't slip. Original battery, too, and the bike's an '07. I hit two deer along the way, but that wasn't the bike's fault. Can't think of anything mechanical that's gone wrong that I would blame Suzuki for.

I bought an '05 with a low-mileage engine which is parked in the shed so if something goes wrong with the engine in the '07 I can swap it out. I figure that works better for me than getting the '05 inspected and retitled and tagged. Probably also acts as "good luck" to keep the '07 running forever.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Awesome!
I have an '02. Original battery, air filter (yes, I clean it regularly) ect. I had to replace the clutch cable around 50k.
I adjusted the valves once at 15k.
Bent two rear wheels, then got an M50 wheel/tire/bearings off ebay for $109 shipped with a 90% Michelin Commander II tire.
I have used Rotella T since day one, except an ill fated use of Mobil 1, and I used Super Tech bike oil once. I change it around 3-4k because that's when the shifting gets notchy.

Congratulations on hitting 100k.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This is impressive and good to know...congrats. Just curious, what kind of seat you have on the bike?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Congrats!!! Good maintenance adds to the longevity.

Glad to see there are still someone else that keeps their bike as long as I do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wait a second: A 2007 fuel injected C50 at 100.000 miles with no mechanical issues? Not even the famous timing chain tensioner failure?

Do you hear a chain rattle?
How is your riding style? Relaxed or more agrresive?
When do you shift?
Do you rev the engine high?
Typical riding speed?
Mostly driven around town, backroads or highways?
Original shaft drive? Greased or kept factory original?
Stock pipes?
Any fuel tuner used?

Cool to hear tough, I have heard so many horror stories about blown engines at 35-40 thousand miles, specially on 06 and 07 FI models.

I hope you keep the bike and enjoy riding her - I wish you another 100.000 troublefree miles!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Wow; I just checked back in. So many questions. Clean the oil pump screen? Never heard of it - I change the oil regularly, though.

I'm not hearing any chain rattle or piston slap. I'd call my riding style 'relaxed.' I shift when it needs to be shifted (no tach, so I rely on 'feel').

It's mostly backroad country riding, so lengthy stretches at 50-60. I'll get on an interstate and roll at 70 once in a while. Original shaft drive, disassembled and regreased by me. I try no to overrev; pipes have been opened up a little but no fuel tune changes.

It's got the Suzuki touring seat - I forget what they call it. The one that sits a little lower. Starting to come apart at the seams a little.

Just hit another milestone this morning. Still running strong.
http://www.honors.umd.edu/dean/images/110.JPG

·
Registered
265 Posts
No Seafoam. I ride all year, pretty much. Heated jacket & gloves gets me through the winter. My commute is about 50 miles each way.
Fantastic! That means I have 80,000 to go lol. I have always said, the worst thing you can do to a vehicle is to not use them. They hate sitting around, seals dry up, gas and oil get old and contaminated.

However, you got me with the year round riding. Too old and creaky to ride in the cold lol.
Marty

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have used Rotella T since day one, except an ill fated use of Mobil 1, and I used Super Tech bike oil once. I change it around 3-4k because that's when the shifting gets notchy.

So what was ill fated about the use of Mobil 1 ? I just went to Rotella myself. Can't beat it at $14 a gallon.

Marty

1 - 20 of 32 Posts