Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Got humped by a Harley

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  beezer 
#1 ·
First, Paula and I are all alright.... "We" never went down.
We took part in a Blessing of the Bikes at our hometown church (St. Mary's Foxboro, MA), we had 84 bikes officially counted on the ride. It was a beautiful day and everyone was so excited to be out and doing what we like to do. We went on an hour ride after the blessing, around the different towns in the area. About a half an hour into the ride as we took a right hand turn the road captain slowed and stopped to let an elderly woman cross the road before she was inundated a bunch or riders. I slowed and stopped and was getting ready to put my feet down when I felt something on my left side and looked down to see a Harley front wheel sitting on my bag, next to Paula's shoulder and head and then I just saw it peel off and fall over. We all pulled over and helped the rider right his bike and make sure he was okay. Just a little road rash on his arms and hands. (Dress for the slide, not the ride... ) As for his bike, things that were hanging out on the left side are scraped and bent but nothing that could not be fixed. My bike, I have a tire mark going up the left bag, ripped gasket from the lid and some paint scratches.
Paula did not even know what happened. She thought it was just me stopping. But when she looked down at the bag, she asked, "How high up did the tire go?" I told her, it was next to your head. She took the news like a trooper, she was to far from home to walk ;-).
At the end of the ride, I sought out the other rider to make sure he was okay. He peeled out prior to getting to the American Legion Post to take his bike home. He came back later to find me and make sure, Paula and I were okay.
Harley are nice and probably fun to ride, but hey, getting humped my one is no fun. I will stick to my Indian.

Be safe out there with our brother and sisters! Give them the space they deserve and need.

See less See more
#5 ·
"By your head."
😱

How did that even happen?
My wife is 5'2" so it is easy... she is small. He popped a wheelie and road up my bag to rest on the top.

Reactions: SSquire
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.