Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo Looks like I have a Meniscus tear in my Left Knee (Hurt it roller skating Nov 29th)....That's flipped into the joint. Ligaments are OK. So Surgeon apt today and surgery to fix it tomorrow- Prognosis is back to normal in a few weeks... No danger of NOT being able to ride... Thank goodness!
Wish me luck!....:wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Had my meniscus tear fixed the last week of November. Was laid up for about a week, mainly with swelling and taking care of the little stitch holes. But am now back to playing basketball 3 nights a week. Modern medicine is (mostly) wonderful. Good luck--and see if you can watch the surgery on the monitors in the OR!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my meniscus tear fixed the last week of November. Was laid up for about a week, mainly with swelling and taking care of the little stitch holes. But am now back to playing basketball 3 nights a week. Modern medicine is (mostly) wonderful. Good luck--and see if you can watch the surgery on the monitors in the OR!
That's reassuring...TY They tell me its a General.. will see this aft!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Roller skating? Sounds dangerous. You might want to consider giving it up for something safer, like riding a motorcycle.

Seriously, glad to hear it will go well. Anyone who has ever had a severe knee injury knows it ain't fun.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know it was a really dumb slow speed fall too...lol.. and Bikes dangerous?.. If yer silly on them yes... and riding around cagers who cant SEE bikes for some stupid reason?... Yeah that's dangerous. Oh yeah and then there's deer, raccoons, squirrels, dogs, road snakes, friken birds! Hmmm yeah I guess they are- BRING IT ON!:biglaugh:

·
Administrator
52,353 Posts
My right knee has the same exact issue.
Seems that Meniscus tears in the knees are fairly commonplace for folks 50 and older, in age.
Welcome to the wonderful world of old farts! :blackeye:

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Good news, Dave.
You'll be up and about before you know it!

·
Registered
272 Posts
4 torn maniscu surgeries in 5 years, when it was time for the 5th it meant it was time for a partial knee replacement. It will be 2 years on Sunday, with the new partial, and all is good. Good luck and stick to the rehab that is key.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well my surgery got postponed till Thursday... My spot got taken by an emergency C section... I Guess twins trump Knees!
So no surgery on Hump day- Works for me!:wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 28 Posts