Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering going to the stock exhaust..bought the bike with cobra exhaust on it. The cobras are really loud going down the highway and on trips it is almost too much..sounds like a helicopter when I go across a bridge. Wearing ear plugs to deal with it. So, everything else is stock and maybe going back to stock exhaust would be a little quieter. I do wonder if it would change performance or mess with the gas mileage..I get about 40mpg now.Thanks
Rog

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Going back to stock exhaust will definitely be quieter!

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Congrats on your 1st post sethco. Head on over to New Member Introductions & tell us about yourself!

Cricket

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
I do have a stock exhaust sitting in my overcrowded garage. I have no idea of how much shipping is but figure it all out and I could arrange your proud ownership.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
vv0350 said:
Considering going to the stock exhaust..bought the bike with cobra exhaust on it. The cobras are really loud going down the highway and on trips it is almost too much..sounds like a helicopter when I go across a bridge. Wearing ear plugs to deal with it. So, everything else is stock and maybe going back to stock exhaust would be a little quieter. I do wonder if it would change performance or mess with the gas mileage..I get about 40mpg now.Thanks
Rog
What kind of Cobras do you have???

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Peter69 said:
vv0350 said:
Rog
What kind of Cobras do you have???
they look like cobra classics...they're in is gallery......hhhhmmmm-that would be a sweet trade!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of Cobras?

I was told that they were called Classic Slash-cut pipes. There is a picture of the bike with them on it in my Personal gallery. I will probably sell them after I get the OEM installed. The guy I got the bike from said he paid right at $400.00 for them..I guess that sound about right. Which brings up another interesting subject. I will address it under an new subject message called "Almost Free Stuff"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts