Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Got a speeding ticket..NOW I DON'T!!!

6K views 70 replies 54 participants last post by  moenko 
#1 ·
Yep, you read it right... now here is what happen:grin: I got off today at 3:30 and jumped on I-95 South, got in the fast line and was doing about 70mph(actual). Well as i got near Branch Ave exit, there was a guy in a civic that was in the fast lane doing about 55mph, so i hit the throttle and zipped around him. I was doing about 85mph when a Motorcycle Officer got in behind me and hit the lights:shock::shock:Well, after doing a lot of cussin at myself, i pulled over and the officer wrote me a ticket(nothing i could say, i was wrong). Well after he handed me the ticket, he got on his bike to take off and it died:shock: I walked over to him and ask if he was ok, and he said that the bike has been blowing fuses for the past week and thought it had been fix. So i ask if he will be ok, he said that he has some fuses and that he is fine. Well as i was mounting up on my bike, the officer began cursing up a storm:wtf:he had no fuses!:cool: So i told him that i had a few and i should have what he needed. Well i got him going and i was on my way. Well about 3 mile down the road, he pulls me over again:shock: The officer come up to me and say...give me the ticket i wrote you. I got off the bike, open my saddlebag and handed him the ticket. He rips the ticket up, goes to his bike, rips up the copy he had, and said....thanks for the fuse!!:scoot: I was in total shock:shock:I said thanks, he said thanks and slow down, and we parted ways:wayhappy::wayhappy: I am so glad i had some FUSES:scoot::scoot:

See less See more
#39 ·
Good reason to carry a spare fuse or two.

I ride the beltway on the MD side daily, and I notice that there are extremely few speed limit signs. You might not be able to talk your way out of 85 mph in court, but if I ever get a ticket for anything around 65, I'll go to court and show that there weren't any signs telling me to go slower between the point where I got on and where I got the ticket.

I also notice that they put a sign over the beltway advising how long it takes to get to various destinations - I like it when they say that 18 miles to the Wilson Bridge will take 18 minutes, because that means everyone is going over the limit anyway.

#41 ·
^^+1 on that!^^

Even though we are at fault, we still get mad at the authorities as if it's their fault. You took it in stride and did the right thing. I'm sure there are many that would have just left him there. Reward for doing good usually doesn't show up that quick..........but it does show up!! :cool:

#42 ·
Now tell us the rest of the story...... After the cop ripped up the ticket did 6 swedish swimsuit models pull over in a van and ask you if you wanted to go for ride????? ;););););););)

#45 ·
Since I put my windshield on I am having trouble keeping my speed down... You are a very mature person and that is a great story!

#46 ·
Great job on taking care even though I'm sure you were frustrated. you obviously didn't do it expecting to get out of a ticket. Kudos to ya. Now the funny part is there are people out getting fuses to keep on their bikes. I think they should also get some doughnuts, you never know...:wink:

#47 ·
This is a freaking awesome story!

From your title I guessed you were going to say, "Got a speeding ticket..NOW I DON'T Ride over 60!!!

Mighty considerate of you to be kind to someone who was just doing his job...

Take care and take it easy out there. Remember is better late than never.

#54 ·
i have had nime to 100miles (160 kmh) on several occaisions, my brother stops at the lights and warns me all the time "that was over 50kmh over, your gonna lose your bike.

Glad the ticket 'went away' for ya

#56 ·
That cop was a pu$$y! J/K

Actually there have been a few times in my short career that I have written, or started to write a ticket, and a feeling comes over me that I shouldn't write this one. I can't explain what or why, and I obviously don't have any clue what is going on in this drivers life, but I sure feel good when I listen to that feeling.

That said, if my PD Harley broke, and a ticketed person got my bike going? NO TICKET for sure.

#57 ·
I finally joined the ranks of GPS owners...and have noticed how LITTLE time speedind saves. I work about an hour from home, it takes a half hour, driving 5 over, to save a minute...I would have thought the math was different, but the GPS is spot on. Not really any sense in it. Doesn't mean i don't do it. But the ticket sure sucks!..And ya get there within a very few minutes any how.

#63 ·
Old dogs new tricks

I finally joined the ranks of GPS owners...and have noticed how LITTLE time speedind saves. I work about an hour from home, it takes a half hour, driving 5 over, to save a minute...I would have thought the math was different, but the GPS is spot on. Not really any sense in it. Doesn't mean i don't do it. But the ticket sure sucks!..And ya get there within a very few minutes any how.
Reading this post again I have GOT to chime in on this one....

I must first qualify by saying I SPEED, I am NOT standing on a soap box and I may be the next to get a TICKET. In my personal vehicle (toyota tacoma) I'll fly. But, I now believe it is just a rush not much advantage.
I drive for a living (local equipment delivery) I use a GPS daily to get around. I have even started using it even if i know where I am going.
The one thing that I am learning, speeding is not worth the risk.

At first it was hard for me to accept. Speeding is a waste of effort.
I run 1/2 hr to 3 hour runs in mixed trafic/interstate and started to notice that no mater the trafic load my E.T.A. wouldent change more than 3 minutes.... I operate my work truck a lot like I ride. In fact I think the goal is the same. Smothe ride.
I have tried to make up a 5 Min. pee stop on a run and CANT. I feel like I am, but my G.P.S. proves I cant.

#58 ·
We kept track of the cars and trucks that would pass us on the 2 lane roads, even though we were at the speed limit, there is always somebody that thinks we are gandydancers..anyways, the ones that passed us were almaot always just ahead of us at the next red light....so for risking being on the wrong side of the road, they gained 15 ft........

#60 ·
With the DJ drive on my M50 pulls nice and hard from 70 to 80+, haven't had the occasion for 90 yet but there is plenty of throttle left. That said I had it up to 90 w/ the original drive on, just keeping up the the crazy cagers who were going even faster, not trying to be fast or anything.. good bit of throttle left there too.

Greg

#61 ·
alls well that ends well but from the beginning he really did pull over the wrong person... 55 in the fast lane...thats the driver who should have gotten pulled over...you wouldn't have had to do what you did had he been driving in the right lane where he belonged riding 55mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.