Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to give myself a Christmas present - the Nolan N104. Been wanting to get a modular - finally took the plunge. The Shoei Neotec was just way too much over my budget so Nolan it is. Haven't tried it on the road yet - been too cold and wet outside. But this Friday it's supposed to be in the mid-50s in the DC area so I plan to test it out.

Anyone have this helmet...your impressions? If you say it sucks...that's okay too. It looks like it's definitely an upgrade from what I have/had. As per the reviews I seen, it's tight in the jaw area but I expect it to form to my face. The squeaks and groans of a modular helmet are present - to be expected I guess.

Can't wait to test it on the road!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have one and I like it a lot. Very well engineered...smooth operation, great visibility and ventilation. Good choice. Be sure to install the Pinlock shield or it will fog up on you.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The nolan n104 was the helmet I wanted to love. Almost bought it a few times, finally got to try it on at a dealership and HATED the fit. That being said, if it was shaped to my head better I would have bought one on the spot.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I love the convenience of modulars but hate how loud they are.

Nolans don't fit me right so I never tried them on the road. I would love to test ride a neotec but am afraid I'd be wasting my money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally got to test the helmet - this thing is loud!! at first i thought there was some vehicle next to me...there wasn't. it's just plain ole loud. to be expected with modulars but i didn't expect it to be this loud. air tunneling is adequate. using the pin lock system is great - no fogging whatsoever. but once i put the dark visor down (Vision Protection System), the visor started to fog up even if it is said to be fog resistant. the fit on my head has adjusted - the tightness in the jaw has eased and is now much more comfortable. i've decided to keep the helmet. with the stop and go traffic in the dc area, it helps to be able to lift the chin section up specially during the summer months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts