Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new (rookie) rider in Dunedin, FL and I have a '03 Volusia Intruder. It was in tip-top shape until 2 days ago when I crashed it. Failed to negotiate a left turn and whacked a curb at a fairly low speed. Bummed about the bike, happy I got out of it with a scraped knee! Anyho, I need to replace the rear fender and I'm wondering if I can use one from a 2001 model? I found one here local, but am hesitant to buy it at this point. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks! John

·
Super Moderator
20,425 Posts
welcome and sorry to read about your mishap...sh^t happens...glad you weren't really hurt seriously...bike can be repaired and from my knowledge the fender from a 2001 should work. I'm sure someone will chime in who's been there...done the exchange. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oh yes, it will work. Is that all you need?

·
Registered
670 Posts
And welcome. I am originally from Gainesville, Fl. I have an 01 Volusia

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have to dismantle, so I might need the inner frame brace that goes under the fender and maybe the chrome brackets that go on the outside of the fender. I ordered a new clutch lever online - that thing is bent like a fish hook! Thanks for your replies!

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Hello John 999. Welcome from Alabama.
I guess that not too bad of a crash.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Welcome from the Chicago area.

Just FYI, all the front and back fenders (and inner fender frames) are the same from 01-08. 09 is when they started to make some changes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome from Encino, CA
Am happy to see that you were not hurt badly on your "get-off"!
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Got my 06 Boulevard C50 in Nov 13, love it!
Rear ended 7 Jan 14, rear fender, chrome brackets TOAST!! Some sore neck and shoulder muscles!!
In the shop since 29 Jan! It's been in the high 80's here and the ManCave is empty!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome from Encino, CA
Am happy to see that you were not hurt badly on your "get-off"!
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Got my 06 Boulevard C50 in Nov 13, love it!
Rear ended 7 Jan 14, rear fender, chrome brackets TOAST!! Some sore neck and shoulder muscles!!
In the shop since 29 Jan! It's been in the high 80's here and the ManCave is empty!!!

im right down the street from you, balboa and like Saticoy. Picking up my C50 tomorrow, I also own a Yamaha FZ6R and my garage has been feeling empty with only one bike in it too :wayhappy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts