Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have finally reached 10,000 miles on my 2004 Vl800 and will be bringing my bike into the stealer here in Honolulu in about a month. Will they deny me any kind of service since I have debaffled pipes and a disabled pair valve? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I never had a problem but always went over what I had done. I did have a dealer mechanic break the mounting bracket to my GMAN Stealth Intake - he covered it up and I didn't notice until cleaning the filter and recharging when I went to sell the bike so I suggest thoroughly inspecting your bike before driving it off the lot.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
382 Posts
It seems logical to me that the only problem with dealer service on a bike with mods would occur if you were trying to have service done during the warranty period. Your 2004 bike with 10,000 miles certainly doesn't fall under this category! But then again real-life dealer service isn't always logical, is it?

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
most likely covered under magnuson morrison act, i wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Just tell them that you've modded your bike, and they are to make no changes/repairs unless specifically approved by you. I would think most of them catch the mod bug periodically and will understand.

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
Stay away from the free coffee and doughnuts, as they are only for un-modded customers.
Seriously, though, you should disclose any non-factory modifications to service before they start any work on it. Just common courtesy for the technician, and could save you some money in the long run.

You have coffee and doughnuts... I smell a Mazda in my future...

·
Registered
819 Posts
So i have finally reached 10,000 miles on my 2004 Vl800 and will be bringing my bike into the stealer here in Honolulu in about a month. Will they deny me any kind of service since I have debaffled pipes and a disabled pair valve? Thanks guys!!
It's not under warranty, you haven't done anything that any other VL800 owner has done in the past.

Basically, if they don't like it take your business elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.