Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken a couple of rides so far this year in our balmy 50* Ohio weather. My gloves kept my hands from freezing, but I'd prefer a little warmer. I have heard of thin glove liners, sort of like a second skin, that are worn under regular cycle gloves. Saw a few on Amazon, but wondered if anyone has any experience with these?

·
Registered
19,513 Posts
Yes, I have them. They work very well. And they also work for bicycling and running to boot!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Any knit synthetic or wool lightweight liner will work. I use commercial fishing liners, about $ 2.00 a pair, but I have a pair of REI fine wool liners than cost about $ 15.00.

Don't use cotton if you can help it. They hold moisture.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I purchased the Freeze-out Glove liners from Cycle Gear- $14.99. I've had them for two winters and they worked great. They are also good for those in-between days when you need some gloves but don't want the real heavy duty pair. I also got their pant liners and boot liners. All of them are holding up well.

·
Super Moderator
8,881 Posts
I have little stretchy knit glove liners from (I think) Schampa. Got 'em at a good price at a bike show. They turn my lightly-lined-with-Thinsulate gauntlet gloves from borderline to acceptable in really cold weather. And they also wick perspiration, which I find helpful on a rainy ride.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I hear you. I almost dug out my thinsulate golf gloves the other day. They fit close and would provide some warmth under my gauntlets. Usually, I put on my tight summer gloves under my heavy gauntlets (that they great but ok for a 10 minute ride). Fortunately, i think we have finally gotten to some warmer weather so I won't have to worry about it until the fall.

·
The Village Idiot
5,018 Posts
I got a pair of neoprene gloves and socks from LTD. This winter I shoveled my drive in just those...my feet never got a bit cold. So I wore just the gloves on my ride to work this morning. My fingers got a little cold but not bad at all. They took some getting used to with the feel of the clutch and brake, but worked pretty well. I think they were less than 10 a pair.

sent from this small hand held talkie thingy.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Freeze outs are good. I also use a regular underarmor liner, I wear those even when it's hot to keep my hands dry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts