Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do females riders dump their bikes less or more than male riders?

All opinions as well as experience welcome.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I ve been ridin since I was knee high to a grasshopper(20+yrs)and knock on wood, i`ve layed down one of my first dirtbikes not so hard and set one of my first streetbikes down ever so gently on some gravel...i`ve been lucky I guess and hope it continues to be good to go for me and hopefully everyone here continues to keep the rubber side down as well!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Continued goodluck on ya Witch!

I've dumped two, broke my right hand the first time.
Had a BSA Victor flip over backwards on me the second time.

We hate falling down.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I would think that it would be more a matter of the level of experience of the rider, which would determine if he or she dumped the bike more or less, rather than their gender.

As the "Ride like a Pro" video series points out, one does not need brute strength in order to ride a heavy cruiser bike like a Harley, or whatever make you choose. It is more a matter of cordination, balance, skill, and tons of practice than anything. If those 100-120 lb. former stewardesses can ride and balance a Harley and make it look easy as pie, than anyone should be able to.

Jeff

·
Registered
389 Posts
No clue, in ten years I dumped my old crotch rocket once, but that was more inexperience at the time than anything.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Guys are more inclined to push the limits, to take more chances. They better have dumped a couple bikes! Easy dumps count. Funny how when it happens it's the WORST possible time!!

Scrape those pegs, it's a badge of honor. Push it.

20+ years ridin. Gotta have some stories.

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
There are far fewer women riders than man, so logic would say more men drop bikes than women. Drop or Crash? Everyone will eventually do both; so it is a function of experience and time. Everybody puts their foot down in a hole lower than the tipping point or slips on that slick spot...

Even the most experienced riders drop bikes once in a while. I didn't have my first crash until I'd been up for almost 20 years. I've certainly dropped a bike or two or 6 in 28 years of riding the highways and biways. A lot of the new motorcycle culture is all about "never been dropped." Most likely, it hasn't ever been ridden.

80% of the experienced bikers I know don't even believe a bike is theirs until they put a scratch on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts