Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50's and sunny...sort of like waking up on xmas morning...got a lunch meet in Rhode Island... the day off...money in my pocket and the wife headed to NY again... so no rush to get home...guess this is the official first day of ..."Ride Ride Ride gonna let it Ride"...bout time to say the least. Be interesting to see how many states I can visit.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Mileage guessing contest. Dennis will let people guess how many miles he rolled off during the season (you must know he's practically living on his 2 wheels, and frequently takes wrong turns intentionally hehe)

You don't win anything, though :lol:

By the way, welcome Aaron. Love New Haven, used to live in Branford.....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
50s and Sunny Weather is definitely time to start riding :shades: again.:wayhappy: Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
Mike got his Vaquero safely down our soft, muddy driveway, and down our completely sand-coated streets, then down our pot-holed mountain road to our dealer this afternoon. <Whew!> Annual service & inspection, coming up.

Hazards notwithstanding, I b'lieve he enjoyed his first ride of the season. :wayhappy:

Now he's just gotta get the bike safely back up again on Tuesday.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thought about taking my baby this morning but had an appointment this afternoon so "No ride, took it easy" was my theme song for the day.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I met Dennis for lunch yesterday and I took my cage. I was worried about the road conditions, did not inspect the bike well enough yet to make a longer trip. Had busy plans after our meet and greet. But what a nice time we had! Hanks Dennis for the time.

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ahhhh..was a great day yesterday ...believe it must have hit 60's also...thanks for making it to Iggy's for our lunch meet Carl...was great catching up, and glad to hear the great news about the new job...wish you never mentioned anything about cleaning out the garage as one of those things to do before going back...played on my mind the rest of the afternoon and when i finally got home around 5, I decided it was also time to do the same. No where near as enjoyable as ridng but good to have it back in order...thinking of even getting a can of paint for the cement floor...even got a chance to play with a new reciprocating saw i recently purchased at HF... even more surprised I didn't lose a finger...me and electrical tools not a good mix...

did find the roads in great shape out this way in eastern ct..RI shoreline...for the most part clean and really no potholes... shoulders overall as expected sand wise ...just a great day to ride and did pass a few out there taking advantage...surprised i only logged 150 miles under the favorable conditions but occasional stops for coffee and some pictures to be posted later seemed to flow with the theme of the day...no hurry...no placed to be...Que sera sera...

weather on the whole has been warm enough lately to sneak in a ride here and there and even for me possible to take to work but working 10 hour days lately... not good karma riding home at night... not as alert... so for now caging it...but soon enough the truck will be on limited duty...

todays forecast of 40's and possible rain good enough to get in another ride before getting back to finishing what I started last nite and then head out to meet the "other lady in my life" for dinner...have a good weekend all.

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mike got his Vaquero safely down our soft, muddy driveway, and down our completely sand-coated streets, then down our pot-holed mountain road to our dealer this afternoon. <Whew!> Annual service & inspection, coming up.

Hazards notwithstanding, I b'lieve he enjoyed his first ride of the season. :wayhappy:

Now he's just gotta get the bike safely back up again on Tuesday.

if he needs a "shortcut" home I'm sure I could come up with a route for him...may be a little late for dinner tho...hope all is well your way.

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whats this contest you speak of?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
usually done november thru december...at the end of the riding season......a term I really hate to think of...but gives me the incentive to take advantage of getting out on any day possible/rideable. Legit contest..

http://www.volusiariders.com/54-general-motorcycle-discussion/290490-18k-bust-another-mindless-dcinct-contest.html

even came this close to winning it myself last year but the story of my life..so close..yet so far. Winner did get a prize...surprisingly and seemed to enjoy it. Needless to say ... there will be another one this year as well...just because.
Looking forward to to riding with you at some point.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts