Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had this great Klim jacket and a critter got to it during the winter in my garage. I was upset because it was a great jacket with every feature and it was mesh for hot weather, but it had a gore tex liner jacket. It was perfect.

Enter the Klim Marrakesh. The new breed of warm weather jacket. Essentially, it is a miracle. The Marrakesh is a new type of 3000 Denier Nylon. It is bulletproof... and air flows directly through it... but it is not a mesh!

It is a layered fabric... it also has the new G30 Armor. Basically, you cant see it, cant feel it and if you crash in it it stiffens and protects from fracture not just road rash and soft tissue injuries. It is shock absorbing.

Also for you cruiser riders, it comes in black and has 3M retroreflective. In other words it doesnt look reflective but when light hits it it glows like rudolphs nose.

The jacket is even water resistant in a shower... the bad news is... no rain liner. Luckily my rain liner for my older Klim jacket is still good, so the jacket is water proof in a hurricane.

Pretty sweet. it comes in black for the cruiser types too.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
So, I had this great Klim jacket and a critter got to it during the winter in my garage. I was upset because it was a great jacket with every feature and it was mesh for hot weather, but it had a gore tex liner jacket. It was perfect.

Enter the Klim Marrakesh. The new breed of warm weather jacket. Essentially, it is a miracle. The Marrakesh is a new type of 3000 Denier Nylon. It is bulletproof... and air flows directly through it... but it is not a mesh!

It is a layered fabric... it also has the new G30 Armor. Basically, you cant see it, cant feel it and if you crash in it it stiffens and protects from fracture not just road rash and soft tissue injuries. It is shock absorbing.

Also for you cruiser riders, it comes in black and has 3M retroreflective. In other words it doesnt look reflective but when light hits it it glows like rudolphs nose.

The jacket is even water resistant in a shower... the bad news is... no rain liner. Luckily my rain liner for my older Klim jacket is still good, so the jacket is water proof in a hurricane.

Pretty sweet. it comes in black for the cruiser types too.
Thanks for the link!!!!:grin2:

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have both, because of the weight, I like the marrakesh

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would you rate the air flow?

if you hold the jacket up to light, you see through it. its really good. You have to keep air moving, like any jacket. The light weight and airflow are unmatched.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry, I have the other Klim summer jacket not the induction. I have a firstgear mesh jacket already, Im hoping the Klim out performs it.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I finally had a chance to ride this on a 90 degree day. First 100 miles I ntentionally wore the jacket with the front vents and arm zippers closed. I was not uncoformatable but sweat gathered under the armor.

I opened the ventures in front and on the arms and I felt like I was in an air conditioned car. Best hot weather jacket I have ever used and probably would be comfy into the low 60s without a liner in it.

Mystery, get it? A lot of people think that’s funny.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've had the Tourmaster Intake 3.0 mesh jacket for about three years. This is one versitile jacket that comes with two rmovable liners (waterproof and insulated) as well as some nice D3 removable armor. I usually just use the jacket with no liners. Air flow is amazing. I feel like I'm wearing a t-shirt when I'm moving. At stoplights the jacket breathes very well. I run "hot" so this jacket has met my needs to ride with protection in the hot weather. Also well cut for us short and chunky riders.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had the Tourmaster Intake 3.0 mesh jacket for about three years. This is one versitile jacket that comes with two rmovable liners (waterproof and insulated) as well as some nice D3 removable armor. I usually just use the jacket with no liners. Air flow is amazing. I feel like I'm wearing a t-shirt when I'm moving. At stoplights the jacket breathes very well. I run "hot" so this jacket has met my needs to ride with protection in the hot weather. Also well cut for us short and chunky riders.

Just my 2 cents.

Very cool... the difference between these and the this new design is more airflow and increased abrasion resistance. I certainly do like the mesh jackets (I have a few from first gear and tour master.

Oh, I forgot to mention, this new material stretches!

Mystery, get it? A lot of people think that’s funny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts