Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've had it I'm tired of this dent. The previous owner I guess dropped the bike but I'm tired of looking at the dent. Off i use the hot glue gun will I risk messing up the paint due to the location?? Are there any better options?? ImageUploadedByMO Free1391203009.392702.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Ok I've had it I'm tired of this dent. The previous owner I guess dropped the bike but I'm tired of looking at the dent. Off i use the hot glue gun will I risk messing up the paint due to the location?? Are there any better options?? View attachment 38802

How does a hot glue gun pull a dent out? If that does not work, I've got a parts bike, 2006 C50T, which is dark gray. I've got the tank and will sell it for a reasonable price.

RV

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does a hot glue gun pull a dent out? If that does not work, I've got a parts bike, 2006 C50T, which is dark gray. I've got the tank and will sell it for a reasonable price.

RV

I've heard depending on the location and dent you can put a dolop of hot glue in the center put a 1x1 on it till it dries then you just tug and it could pop it out. Then you just use floss to remove it and a hair dryer to melt the glue off. I'm just concerned about the paint cracking. Could u send me a pm and a pic of the tank

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I've heard depending on the location and dent you can put a dolop of hot glue in the center put a 1x1 on it till it dries then you just tug and it could pop it out. Then you just use floss to remove it and a hair dryer to melt the glue off. I'm just concerned about the paint cracking. Could u send me a pm and a pic of the tank

·
Registered
666 Posts

If its dented, the paint is already brittle. Cheapest route would probably find a used tank.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I bought a product called Ding King have yet to have a need for it so I don't know if it works.
I fixed my ding with a suction cup Handle designed for moving big glass window etc. before I got around to trying the glue thing.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
From the looks of your dent. None of the above options will work. Glue, or the pops a dent things only work with minor dents that are not creased. Yours is. You will have to use a dent puller that uses a stud welder and a puller to fix that one. And of course a repaint.

Stud Welder Dent Repair Kit

·
Premium Member
14,413 Posts
POPS a dent will not work, for the same reason dentless options will probably not work. The metal of the tanks is too thick, and it takes too much pressure to remove the dents. I would bet money that sand, fill, sand paint is your only option (I've done it to two tanks) unless you find a replacement tank.

I have had pops a dent do a decent (not perfect) job on a Kawi 500 tank but that was a lot thinner than VL800 tanks.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Bike tanks are heavier guage than car bodies. These will work on car bodies if the dent is on a flexible panel.. I doubt on a tank- they are pretty heavy and strong IMHO

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I have used the Texas sun and dry ice to pull dents, but I agree with the others, the tank on the Vol is probably too thick to take the dent out that way.

·
Administrator
52,306 Posts
Fuel pump, possibly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
help

I am looking for new fenders for my c50 and someone said you could use c109 fenders, I know they said the front c109 fender would fit but I have only heard mixed reviews about the back. I need some help. 1. Does it it have to be a c109r or can it be just a regular c109. 2. Will both the front and rear fenders off a c109r/c109 fit a 2007 boulevard c50? I need to know for sure that both the front and rear fenders off of a c109 will fit my 2007 c50.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I am looking for new fenders for my c50 and someone said you could use c109 fenders, I know they said the front c109 fender would fit but I have only heard mixed reviews about the back. I need some help. 1. Does it it have to be a c109r or can it be just a regular c109. 2. Will both the front and rear fenders off a c109r/c109 fit a 2007 boulevard c50? I need to know for sure that both the front and rear fenders off of a c109 will fit my 2007 c50.
My suggestion is to post a new thread based on your questions. This post is related to gas tank repair. You will most likely get better responses in the proper category.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts