Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heading south to visit daughter in NC...on one of the fuel stops along the way, noticed my choices of gas were 87, 89, 93 and 88 octane...never heard of 88...heard of 85 never 88...figured maybe it was an incorrect sign on that particular gas pump but noticed they all read the same... 88. And to make it even more confusing...the 87 was $4.05 a gallon...the 88 was $3.75 a gallon...believe this occured at a Sheetz in Pa. Anyone ever hear of 88 octane?
Never saw any in Ct. and can't recall seeing that grade anywhere else.

·
Administrator
53,907 Posts
If the fueling nozzle is yellow, it's E85, otherwise, it's E15.
BTW: E85 is only used in vehicles with a yellow fuel cap.

E85 is nearly all alcohol, and Sheetz is a regular supplier of E85 fuel.
Wish that I could find it in My area, because it adds about 30HP to My van's performance.

• Helpful
Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
88 octane is an E15 blend. It is the maximum ethanol you can run in a standard gasoline engine without causing damage. The drawback to high ethanol blend fuels is the burning of them causes substantial ground level smog and its use is heavily regulated by the EPA.

·
Super Moderator
63,538 Posts
The only reason they're using corn is to stop feeding the beef that makes the cow farts that cause global warming. Pay at the pump or pay at the meat counter. They're still going after your money and creating gasses.
If the whole planet was covered with solar panels and windmills we would only be able to achieve half the power we are now producing with fossil fuels so only half of what the people of the world use to operate won't be working. The Dem's green agenda doesn't make any sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts