Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda bike related but then again not. I have a garage door opener. the 2 car remotes work fine. the keychain remote dont work at all. the battery is good. seems the receiver is not receiving the signal. its a craftsman, no idea how old it is. any ideas on re-programing it? i took the remote from the car last night and i aint too thrilled about keeping it with me at work (get lost/ stolen). also, how the heck do i reprogram the keypad entry? previous owners didnt leave me paperwork on it.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
I had one at my last house.... If I remember correctly... You push a button on the opener head (under the cover where you change the lightbulb) then push the remote.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do i do that each time for the remote and keypad if u can remember? keypad is not a big deal but the keychain remote is higher up on the priority list.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You say that it is a Craftsman opener. I would suggest check with the parts & service dept. of your nearest Sears store or go online to see if you can get an owners manual for that particular model of opener.

I know that a lot of manufacturers have online manuals (PDF format) on their websites that you can just print off.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
We have two garage doors. One is sort of electronic where you press the learn button on the opener on the ceiling, when it lights up you press the garage door opener and the door opener head learns the code from the remote.

The other is a simple, open the remote, and match up the pins ie. #1 up; #2 up; #3 down; #4 middle etc. that is on the opener head.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
canuckrider said:
You say that it is a Craftsman opener. I would suggest check with the parts & service dept. of your nearest Sears store or go online to see if you can get an owners manual for that particular model of opener.

I know that a lot of manufacturers have online manuals (PDF format) on their websites that you can just print off.
^^ what he said about going online to search. I had an ANCIENT opener, and actually found its manual online.

·
Administrator
56,039 Posts
There are some garage door openers that are digital, and a standard remote transmitter won't operate the unit.

I have one of those digital units, and had to pay nearly 40 bucks for a tiny key ring size transmitter.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Look inside the remote for any dip switches. Switches need to match, other wise it is programmed by specific steps. Google model number and model of keypad for directions.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If it is an older style Craftsman you have to have the light grey button remote to work with it. Then next generation the one with the blue grey buttons won't work. Remove the light cover and you will see a small light and a green button. There are instructions in there too.

It takes two people to program the outside remote. One to push and hold after entering the numbers and one to push the green button.

We have one of these older generation ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts