Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone in here has added some sort of garage door opener mod to their ride?

When we come home from a long ride, the last thing I want to do is to fiddle in my pockets for my bloody garage door opener, while the hot sun is bouncing back at us from the bright white garage doors. :bigoops:

Has anyone incorporated a garage door opener to their bike so that all you need to do is to press a certain button and the remote door opener is actuated to open the door?

I seem to recall something about making one work with the high beam button on the bike, but not sure how this may be done.

Any ideas of any sort would be greatly received and appreciated.

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, there are high beam mods, some guys also have just added a switch to their bike somewhere that is wired to the garage door opener (which is hidden on the bike), etc. I've seen one where a guy put a switch on the chrome housing around his speedo on a C50, the garage door opener was inside the housing and the switch was wired to it.

I've also seen guys just zip-tie their opener to their brake reservoir on the handlebar, stuff like that. Mine is actually attached to my keyring so it's hanging down and easy to get to. However I am also interested in a better location and on the bike itself.

Reactions: rabbit700

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
When I'm riding solo, my wife can hear me drive up when she's in the house and she opens it from inside. If she's riding with me, she gets off and opens it from the outside keypad.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Products - Flash2Pass™ turns your existing headlight high beam switch into a transmitter for your automatic garage door opener Flash2Pass™ turns your existing headlight high beam switch into a transmitter for your automatic garage door opener

I have these in both our headlight buckets wired to high beam. Hit the flash-to-pass button or flip your high beam switch switch twice to open or close. Hands never leave the grips. Works for about a block.
I ride with my high beams on during the day - wonder if I've been opening peoples garage doors?:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Soldered wires to the button circuit of a mini opener, velcroed it inside the bezel, drilled a hole in the chrome speedo bezel and install a small momentary switch.

Reactions: rabbit700

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
On the C50 I used the "flash to pass" button to trigger the garage door opener. The Kawi Classic doesn't have one of those so I added a push button into the top of the left hand side cover. When that button failed I just put some velcro in the inside of the fairing and attached the garage door opener there.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I added a windshield bag and keep my neighborhood gate and garage door openers.

·
Registered
971 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I put my garage door opener in the windshield bag, on the left side of the bag. I reach in the bag and tap the button from a block away...easy. The opener rests in the same place all the time so I don't have to search for it.

·
Super Moderator
33,549 Posts
I have one of those key chain openers that I added a super strong magnet to. I stuck it on the head of the front mounting bolt inside the right saddlebag. I just reach back into the bag and hit the button.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
$10.00 WP case for GPS/door opener. Mounts on the handle bar

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.