Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I turn on my signal, downshift to first, pull into my driveway, reach down with my left toe and kick out my stand. As I lean to the left I throw my right leg up and over the seat. Once standing I remove my helmet, scratch my head for 10-12 minutes and meander up to my garage door. Since its always locked and I don't carry the key, I hip check the panel to the left while twisting the handle and, usually on the third or eighth try, she pops open and I lift the door. Now is when I think "why the hell don't I buy a GD opener".
I then walk back to my bike start her up, twist the throttle a few times and as the thunder roars, I get excited. I put my helmet back on and take off down the road for another ride.

The good news is that by the time I return I ride up my driveway and straight into the garage that I left open. Bam! another great ride.

one day I will spoil myself with a garage door opener, and when I do, better believe I'll be wiring it into my pass button since I wired a toggle switch right into the top of my headlight when the light stopped working and I couldn't figure out why. I wired the toggle switch directly from the battery to the light. No electronic components to fail, keep it simple stupid.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts