Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I ordered a set from a local bike shop. I thought they were way overpriced but I hate Amazon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
OK, finally got the Memphis Shades Lowers mounting hardware MEM9898 and fork deflectors MEM5804. Installation was quick and easy. After a little bit of adjustment, it ended up pretty good. Thanks to everyone for the info!

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
OK, finally got the Memphis Shades Lowers mounting hardware MEM9898 and fork deflectors MEM5804. Installation was quick and easy. After a little bit of adjustment, it ended up pretty good. Thanks to everyone for the info!
Looks good. I might be giving those a try in the near future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
After reading this thread and associated threads linked to from this thread I decided making my own lowers was the way to go. After hurriedly making and mounting them just in time for a scheduled ride to Slade, Ky from my home in Raleigh I can attest that these lowers do in fact get the job done regarding the buffeting originating from under the windshield. Kudos to everyone who posted to this thread and others sharing their ideas and research without which I probably wouldn't have found such an elegant and inexpensive solution to a vexing problem. I sit a little tall in the saddle so I had some buffeting at the top of my helmet which a Laminar Lip eliminated. I now have a very adequate pocket of still air around my head that allows my to enjoy my ride at any reasonable highway speed.

My version:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Memphis Shades part numbers are somewhat confusing - there appear to be two numbering systems for each part.

Clear fork deflectors (no hardware): MEM5804, also known as 2350-0143

Clear lowers (no hardware): MEM5810

Either of these two lowers/fork deflectors use the same mounting hardware.

Hardware (clamps) to fit C50: MEM9898, also known as 2321-0038

I can guarantee that those are the correct clamps for a 2012 C50 - I'm using them.

Don't overtighten the clamps unless you want to put permanent creases in your fork covers! That fork cover material is pretty thin.

The MEM5810 Lowers are somewhat shorter and wider, whereas the MEM5804 Fork Deflectors are a little narrower and taller. Both types use the same hardware (clamps). I have used both types, I prefer the narrower, taller fork deflectors.
I know this is an old thread, but the quest still exists. I have a 2014 C50 B.O.S.S. However, I also have the stock windshield. What windshield are you using?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Memphis Shades won't fit an '08? Hmmm ... I'd better go tell my '08 that. She's under the impression they work just fine and look good.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts