Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just an update to my previous post....(for those in the Toronto GTA), I visited the shop called Two Seasons Recreation in Norval, Ont. The guy 'Dennis' (owner) was real cool..They do have a dyno setup there and his shop rate is $70/Hr. He did say however,..that the Power Commander setup with the maps they give you are pretty much bang on...any further tinkering would really be splitting hairs on the performance...He says the guys who set these maps are pretty darn good at how they do it, and that an average person can buy the parts, install, run the provided map and off you go ...Unless you are maximizing performance on a race type machine, don't go and waste your money on the dyno setup...he said some people sometimes disappointed to find out that afterthe mods are done they actually may lose a couple of horses, but may increase torque, and that the bike motor may actually run better, efficient etc.

I found that he was honest in his opinion(s) and straight forward..he actually encourages riders to do alot of this work on their own as there is so much support now available. Unlike some shops who will hose you installing accessories you bring them, he was up front and honest in saying that he prefers not to install parts not purchased through them. I thoughth it was fair that he mention it.

Otherwise, I thought it was a good visit to learn a bit more and have my confidence assured with regards to pipes, pc's and filters with respect to knowlegde being gained...
cheers

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
DSB,
That's pretty good info. Sounds like Dennis is a pretty straight shooter. Now if someone knew of a shop like this in the Edmonton area I'd love to hear about it.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Good information to know. I've about decided to go for a Power Commander and custom air filter set up to match my new Cobra pipes. Trying to decide whether or not to attempt it myself. Sounds like maybe even non-mechanically inclined folks like myself can take a shot at it?
I might be asking for help in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts