Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 m50 project bike that I am restoring. it is showing a f1 flashing light on the screen. I have done the code readout trick and it shows a c41 code. the bike cranks over and has spark but will not start. I have tested the fuel pump with direct wires and it runs and builds pressure. I have checked the fuel pump relay and it tests good. I have no voltage at yellow/red wire at the fuel pump relay. I am thinking maybe a faulty ecm? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,201 Posts
C41 is a fuel pump relay malfunction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, The code was c41 which as you said was a fuel pump relay fault, but my relay tests ok. I was wondering if it is something in the ecm? Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
33,528 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Have you checked continuity on the wires? Possibly a short somewhere.

·
Registered
21,201 Posts
The link I provided includes troubleshooting steps and likely causes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The link I provided includes troubleshooting steps and likely causes.
I did more testing of the wiring on the vz800, I found that disconnecting the yellow and red wire which I believe is the positive/hot wire to the pump and testing continuity to the ground that it shows going to ground. That can't be right can it? the pump will run with a wire directly to the pump but it shouldnt show ground at the same wire?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not sure if this will help.
I had the same issue while on a road trip about ten years ago. Turns out a wire (I believe it was the black one) from a 6 pin connector under the gas tank slipped out of it’s slot, I can’t remember if it’s what connects the fuel pump, but it wouldn’t stay secure in is slot, so when I would attach the connector, the wire would slide out enough not to connect.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tip, I checked a ll that and it looks ok. my problem is when I try the old ecm, I cant get fuel pump to turn on, but get spark at plugs, c-41 code. I found another ecm and tried it and now get c42 and fuel pump comes on for brief time when you turn on the switch, but now no spark. c-42 means no voltage to ecm for ignition circuit. I am slowly going crazy! lol . any tips as to what it need to do will be greatly appreciated. the new ecm is supposed to be a fairly new one with only 7500 miles on the bike it came from. is there a way to get voltage to the ecm an alternate way?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts