Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been a few years since I’ve been in the sight. And since I rode my bike. I have 2007 C50. It’s been sitting for a few years so I recently pulled it out to get it running again. It was running fine the last time I rode it. I changed the battery and added some fresh fuel (should have drained the old first) and when I started it the fuel pump fuse blew. I replaced it twice now and same thing happened. Any ideas on what is causing this? Do I need to get a new fuel pump?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Fuel pump is shorted out, or otherwise jammed (rust, debris, ect). You only need to replace the actual pump cartridge, which Suzuki does not sell. They only sell the entire in-tank assembly for like $500. You can find aftermarket pump cartridges all over ebay/amazon. Avoid the really cheap <$20 ones, a decent one is 30-40 bucks or so. It's not particularly difficult to change, the tank assembly unbolts and comes apart easily, unlike on a lot of bikes.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel pump is shorted out, or otherwise jammed (rust, debris, ect). You only need to replace the actual pump cartridge, which Suzuki does not sell. They only sell the entire in-tank assembly for like $500. You can find aftermarket pump cartridges all over ebay/amazon. Avoid the really cheap <$20 ones, a decent one is 30-40 bucks or so. It's not particularly difficult to change, the tank assembly unbolts and comes apart easily, unlike on a lot of bikes.
Would you mind looking up a good one on eBay and sending me the link. I am looking, but not really sure as lots of things are coming up when I type fuel pump cartridge for 2007 Suzuki C50. I would appreciate it greatly. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts