Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50 with Cobra pipes and a fuel tuner. I just changed out my fuel pump assembly with a new one and my bike was slightly miss firing. I bought two coils attempted to put them on (too long need to return them) put the old ones back on and now my new fuel pump won’t kick on when I try to start my bike. Everything was running great until I attempted to switched the coils. Anyone have an idea what may have happened? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,937 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I have no idea, but hang out a bit and someone smarter than me will be along.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Ok, first question. Why did you replace the fuel pump to begin with? Was the bike not running right, was there contamination in the tank? Second, what "fuel tuner" is installed on the bike? Did you try running the bike with the tuner turned OFF? (if you can't unclip the leads, then just remove the power lead from wherever it is plugged into). Third, what coils did you buy? The C50 and Volusia use two different ignition systems and they are not interchangeable. Lastly, did you check your fuses under the saddle and under the access panel to make sure you didn't short anything out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, first question. Why did you replace the fuel pump to begin with? Was the bike not running right, was there contamination in the tank? Second, what "fuel tuner" is installed on the bike? Did you try running the bike with the tuner turned OFF? (if you can't unclip the leads, then just remove the power lead from wherever it is plugged into). Third, what coils did you buy? The C50 and Volusia use two different ignition systems and they are not interchangeable. Lastly, did you check your fuses under the saddle and under the access panel to make sure you didn't short anything out?
The fuel pump was totally rigged spliced and they did not remove the cap from the fuel pump line. It was bad. installed and new fuel pump, refurbished injectors, new air filter, cleaned the tank, and installed new spark plugs. still getting the FI code, did the paper clip trick and got a c00 code with a check engine light. The bike sputters and only gains power when it sputters here and there. One exhaust pipe has black carbon build up and the other has backfire oil in it. only one cylinder seems to be firing, the other is firing here and there, and my gas mileage is slipping. I just purchased new OEM coils and will install them next week. I do not know what is going on. I looked up the Cobra tuner and set the tuner to the correct setting 3.5 5 3.5 and it still does not have any power. what do you think is going on. i am at a loss.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
To pull the diagnostic code, the bike has to be running. If you shut it off or try to retrieve the code with the key only in the on position, it will only return c00.

Oil on the exhaust means the rings are letting oil past the wiper and the cylinder is most likely worn. Do a compression check, I suspect the inconsistent cylinder is below service spec.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. Pulled the code and got a c25 which is the front cylinder looks like it’s the coils. I have a clymer book for the bike and that’s what it points too luckily I went on a hunch and ordered the two coils wires and boots all OEM. Just need to change the spark plugs after I install everything and I should be good. Hopefully everything comes in by Friday. I’ll probably have to do the compression test after this as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Partzilla has not shipped my parts. I ordered them on the 9th, just an FYI. Sorry no update. I gotta say..... this is really upsetting. They did not provide a reason just said I have to wait so just and FYI if you order from them it may take a while.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Uh, there is this thing called the supply chain disruption. I've been waiting for a replacement brushless motor for my electric weed eater since March...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well they said they had the parts in stock and then today pushed it to the 27th. I canceled my order with partzilla and will not be using them again. They told me on two occasions they had it in stock and still have not sent the parts. I think I'm just going to buy the parts in person this time.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
S U P P L Y C H A I N I S S U E S. Nobody has anything in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts