Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I will be installing HK American classics on my '05 C50.
My question concerns fuel processors. I have read 1) bolt 'em on and go-the C50's processor will adjust as long as you don't change air intake 2) you should have the dealer remap because with reduced back pressure C50 will run lean. 3) "I had dealer hook it to yoshi box because it ran rich" Also if I do opt for an adjustable processor, what recommendations out there? Save a little money and get the FI2000 or drop the $300 for the power commander? I think theres one out there called Techi?
Might as well get this started....I got all winter.....472viper

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I'm in the boat with ya, man. I installed Cruzers, and the bike runs great.

This winter I want to install this: http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?action=item&id=29&prevaction=category&previd=2&prevstart=10

Either that one or the chrome.

So I'll have to do something with the fuel injection. If the dealer really could remap, that would be the least expensive route, but I'm seriously considering the PowerCommander in case I ever trade the Cruzers for Roadhouse. Sounds like you can download maps from their website and can change your settings any time you want without having to get the dealer involved. The less time spent with the dealer, the better.

Like you said, got all winter to learn.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you believe this (I do now) then this is why disconnecting the battery didn't help. (Reference: http://www.factorypro.com/TEKA_SFI/TEKA_Suz_FI_procedure.html )

"...And - NO!! The ECU will NOT lose the map if the battery power is disconnected! Whoever says that doesn't have enough experience to state that!..."

"...Losing maps if battery is disconnected... Doesn't happen. The mapping is flashed into nonvolatile memory...I think that the rumor that the ECU would reset itself if you disconnected the battery was started with the real concept that automotive ECU's have multiple memory locations, one of which is volatile, "learned" memory that is cleared when power is disconnected for 15 minutes, or so...."

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
Techlusion TFI. Has 4 "pots". Doesn't require a download or maps. Around $150-$180.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuel processers

While surfing this subject, I ran across this site; http://www.totalfuel.net/
Seems to be an elaborate sales pitch for "techlusion" put does provide some comparisons between power commander/cobra FI2000/techlusion
Has links to forums for each system. Kinda scary, if everything works that's fine, but I'd hate to think I'd be introducing problems I didn't have.
One positive point for the techlusion-you can "turn in off" and everything returns to factory setting.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts