Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked on cheap cycle parts website and went to dealer and can't find info. I'm looking for the plastic clips that hold the fuel lines on the hard line (fuel injected). After a few times removing the tank I need some replacements. Can't find the first bit of info. Any help would be appreciated. A link would be great!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
Looked on cheap cycle parts website and went to dealer and can't find info. I'm looking for the plastic clips that hold the fuel lines on the hard line (fuel injected). After a few times removing the tank I need some replacements. Can't find the first bit of info. Any help would be appreciated. A link would be great!

The OEM parts list only shows the fuel line - no separate clips....the whole fuel line is [only] 40 bucks.......:moneyeyes: that's 5 bucks an inch..... :moneyeyes:

Someone might have seen similar clips on other applications......

OEM Parts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've never seen the fuel injected lines (carbed bike) is it anything like a Ford or GM connector? They sell replacement clips for those at Napa - probably other parts stores as well. Just don't tell the parts guy what it fits, bring the hose with you and say "I'm looking for something like this"

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I read a post that gave this part number Dorman #800-005. They bought it at Autozone. I don't remember what car it's for (GM?) but they said it works and it's a better clip.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

Went to dealer???? and they could not sell you a clip!!!!! NEVER,EVER GO THERE AGAIN. that's just stupid. Ty wraps work wounderfuly.

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
I read a post that gave this part number Dorman #800-005. They bought it at Autozone. I don't remember what car it's for (GM?) but they said it works and it's a better clip.
That's the fix for the missing clip that Suzuki won't sell separately

·
Registered
988 Posts
That's the fix for the missing clip that Suzuki won't sell separately
Dorman 800-005 GM/Chrysler 5/16" fuel line clips

I found this on one of the older threads here and saved it to a text. I dont have the thread.

Sorry I am a little slow to the party eh?

·
Registered
19,528 Posts
Dorman 800-005 GM/Chrysler 5/16" fuel line clips

I found this on one of the older threads here and saved it to a text. I dont have the thread.

Sorry I am a little slow to the party eh?
That's the one. No reason to pay $40 for the OEM, when there's a much less expensive option available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts