Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my bike in running i have a gas drip, about 1 drip per 3-5 seconds. It comes from the left side just under the edge of the tank. There are no hose clamps there but the hoses are small. There is also a small 1inch x 1 inch square "thingy" that looks to have a gasket in it. My ? you ask? Do I just start replacing hoses, or take it to the shop to replace the gasket?

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
would help if you said what you ride. carb and fuel injection are a little differnt. Volusia vs C50 boulevard. Like putting it in your sig,

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
The fuel line that goes towards the back of the bike off the little "square thingy" should have a hose clamp on it. There is probably where you leak is.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
v01rider said:
sounds like it is coming from the fuel line running to the petc0ck. sounds like you need to replace the house.
He has to replace his house in order to stop that fuel leak? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
v01rider said:
sounds like it is coming from the fuel line running to the petc0ck. sounds like you need to replace the house.

Replace the whole HOUSE just because his motorcycle has a little fuel leak! :shock:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
FlyBoyPhil said:
v01rider said:

Replace the whole HOUSE just because his motorcycle has a little fuel leak! :shock:

Beat ya to the punch......Look above your post... :biglaugh:

·
Banned
24,655 Posts

This is from 2001-2004 VL800. Try to determine if it's leaking from around part #2 or #5. Both are easily repaired for a few bucks.

Bet you thought I was going to say that seafoam would fix it!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
silverc50cruisermedic said:
FlyBoyPhil said:
v01rider said:

Beat ya to the punch......Look above your post... :biglaugh:

Damn! :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts