Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
RWhitehosue: Thanks so much! My rusty tank issues are gone after coating the tank and replacing the injectors with the Autoline part recommended. Cheers!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Glad to hear the Civic injector part actually works. I was inadvertently testing them still with low fuel pressure, so I couldn't tell for sure if they would work. Once I fixed the fuel pressure issue I'd already returned them, and had the M50's complete manifold sitting in a box I could steal the injectors from if necessary, but I ended up re-selling that as well since it ran perfect with it's cleaned factory injectors.

If you've got a good running bike with those Autolite replacements, it sounds like we've found a MASSIVE discount on replacement injectors for this bike if needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to chime in, I found this thread while dealing with some severe performance issues on my '07 C50; I bought a couple of rebuilt injectors for $25 each from "Injector Planet" on eBay using the Honda P/N above and the bike is running like a top now. I found places online that will clean, analyze, and restore old, clogged injectors as well, but when it was all said and done that route was going to end up costing nearly as much, plus you have the round trip shipping time to deal with.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good deal. $25 is a lot better than the ransom Suzuki wants for new OE replacements. I found the same thing- mail away injector cleaning/rebuild services certainly exist, but the few I found charged $20-30 per injector, plus whatever lead time for them to actually service them, and shipping time/cost both ways.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, I got the two new injectors,should be here today. We will see if it solves the stumbling/ idle stalling! I'll report back! $350.00
What "Exactly" was the problem you were having? My 09' started dying at idle and a slight stumbling
Yesterday after a ride of about 70 miles. Went out today to talk to it about her behavior. Started right up but idled down to a stop. Restarted it and tried to rev it a little but it almost sounded like it was hitting on one jug and didn't want to rev. I had shorts on and burned my leg on the pipe.
OUCH!! Some gratitude. I was wondering if I had a clogged injector or bad gas or....(?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's what I found. The stock C50 (I have an 05 model, so this info is only relevant for 05-08 C50 or M50 bikes) injectors are made by Keihin (you can see their "K" logo stamped on them) and are their code C. On Keihin injectors, the single letter code refers to flow rate. The other codes underneath the electrical connector refer to batch/date of production and ultimately meaningless.

Punch "Keihin C injector" into google and a-ha, it turns up a plethora of fitment for Civics throughout most of the '00s. Honda part # 16450-PLC-003, but also commonly referred to simply as a Keihin "C stamp" or "type C". Physically they appear identical. They are also 4 hole injectors. That Honda part has a plethora of cross references as well.

Bostech MP4169
SMP FJ338
BWD 63774
Autoline 16323
GB Reman 842-12282
Wells M799
Airtex 4G1302

Ebay is littered with those (or rockauto, or virtually anywhere). Prices are generally around $20-25 apiece for either new aftermarket or remanufactured Keihin's. Far cry better than $220 for one from Suzuki.

But, what about actual flow rate- just because they look the same doesn't mean they are. This was tricky, as far as I can tell there are no readily available or published specs for these in OEM fitments. All data is from independent testing by performance shops or injector remanufacturers that have cleaning/flow test rigs.

Shows a test of stock C50 injectors. The post-cleaning result shows approximately ~57cc's of flow after a 30 second test at 50% duty cycle. That equates to about ~224cc/min flow rate (standard measurement).

Looking up stock injector size for a Honda D17A6 engine, tests all point they are anywhere between 220 and 230cc/min, again, depending on who did the test. Some variance is to be expected, but the agreement is right in that range. 3 bar (44psi) also seems to be largely standard for port fuel injecton systems, so this should be apples to apples.

So are are saying these injectors u listed will work

21 - 27 of 27 Posts