Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently installed vh slash staggered pipes and after 20 miles FI light came on. Read lots of posts with same questions but no real answers. Can anyone help. Dealer says the code reads it's broken o2 sensor but somehow i don't trust them...

·
Administrator
57,155 Posts
Title updated and thread moved to HELP forum, for technical responses.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Hello, I recently installed vh slash staggered pipes and after 20 miles FI light came on. Read lots of posts with same questions but no real answers. Can anyone help. Dealer says the code reads it's broken o2 sensor but somehow i don't trust them...
Please confirm the year and model of your bike.

Did your aftermarket pipes have the fittings for sensors?

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
It's 2013 m50. It had o2 fittings
The O2 sensor's could've been damaged on reinstallation, or if an incorrect thread sealant or lubricant was used it could foul the sensor and cause it's failure

·
Registered
21,205 Posts
Bikes with pollution control sensors (O2) need to have pipes with the sensor bungs installed. You cannot run the straight pipes without them. I believe that Cobra offers a fuel processor with a sensor eliminator that fools the ECU into believing the O2 sensors are connected and working, but I would have to check.

The bikes are getting smarter, so the days of just popping a $100 set of pipes and calling it good are over....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Bikes with pollution control sensors (O2) need to have pipes with the sensor bungs installed. You cannot run the straight pipes without them. I believe that Cobra offers a fuel processor with a sensor eliminator that fools the ECU into believing the O2 sensors are connected and working, but I would have to check.

The bikes are getting smarter, so the days of just popping a $100 set of pipes and calling it good are over....
You still need the sensors attached - they have pipes with the O2 bungs. What they do is interrupt the signal from the sensor and filter it to fool the ECM. GMAN came up with a mod that allowed you to remove the O2 sensors but it's for 109's and only early years as the ECM's are getting smarter as you said and fooling them is harder.

I'd be curious if there would be a way to re-map the ECM like you can do with a Harley - wonder if anyone has tried that.

Reactions: Skrapiron
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.