Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all suzuki riders I have a new C50 just wanted to know if anyone has debaffled the exhaust with fuel injection without problems

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
A number of people here have.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Please do not listen to any of the these guys, because it is absolutely not safe to de-baffle your Fuel Injector under any circumstances... Ever!

-Tim

·
Registered
225 Posts
[/quote]Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not listen to any of the these guys, because it is absolutely not safe to de-baffle your Fuel Injector under any circumstances... Ever!

-Tim

Uuuuggggghhhhh........ Doooowwwhhhaaaaattttt?

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I didn't say don't de-baffle the pipes (mine are de-baffled), I said don't de-baffle the Fuel Injector... BIG DIFFERENCE! :mrgreen:

-Tim

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Curryman, welcome to the site. Intake, exhaust, FI, and jetting are VERY common subjects around here. Neither debaffling or any aftermarket exhaust sysem will harm your bike or it's Fuel injection system. If you were to modify your intake in some manner as to allow more air for combustion, there is a risk of running too lean, but as long as you stay with the stock air cleaner you'll be fine, Cobra makes great pipes, so does HK, Roadhouse, Vance and Hines,and a host of others. Don't ask which ones sound best, you'll spark a debate that will last an eternity.
Viper

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
TGreene said:
I didn't say don't de-baffle the pipes (mine are de-baffled), I said don't de-baffle the Fuel Injector... BIG DIFFERENCE! :mrgreen:

-Tim
Yeah, but now you need to de-baffle the noobie... :lol: troublemaker :p :lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have debaffled my stock pipes.
The fuel consumption was 1:20 before debaffling.
Now it is 1:18
Why is that?
Is it because less pressure from the exhaust so my engine is running faster?
Do I now have more power?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
shotsailor said:
I have debaffled my stock pipes.
The fuel consumption was 1:20 before debaffling.
Now it is 1:18
Why is that?
Is it because less pressure from the exhaust so my engine is running faster?
Do I now have more power?
What is 1:20 or 1:18? Is that like in the Bible? Or is it that you used to wait until 1:20 to fill the tank but now you have to fill it earlier at 1:18? :?

·
Registered
104 Posts
1:20 means that the bike is using 1 liter of fuel at 18 kilometers...
Its european ofcourse...I am living in Holland.
You use gallons and miles I realize now.
But the meaning is the same; my M800 is using more fuel after debaffling.
My brother did the same at his bike; a VL800 C.
He experienced the same so I don't think it is coincidence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
debafeling issue

I have a 99 Suzuki intruder and I have tried to debafle my pipes. My top one was kinda hard bit I was able to beat to weld. My issue is the broken pipe wont come out as if it has a lip deeper in the pipe. its 100% loose and can spin 360 but if u pull it its caught on the other end like trying to put and open umbrella through a doggy doo or window. How do I fix this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys. I have a 99 intruder 1500......trying to debaffel it but even tho I have broken the welds, the baffle wont come out as if its hanging on to the other end. I didnt start on the bottom cause the top was so annoying and I dont want them both to do that. What do I do?

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
The 1500 is a completely different exhaust than the 800. The debaffle recommendations made here are for the 800 only. I am not sure how you would go about doing the same to the 1500 - it is not as common of a bike.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Might need to replace the pipes at this point, may be a lot easier and with better results.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts