Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a new issue with my bike...2001 Volusia..Fuel gauge is blinking one bar as it does when the tank is almost empty but my tank is full...any ideas?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Normally that happens when you run your bike without the white connector under the tank connected. Lift up the back of the tank by unbolting and check the white plastic connector.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's definately a good place to start. If that doesn't fix the problem you may have to check the sensor in the tank. The pink service manual explains how to go about testing this with a handful of resistors between a certain range of resistance in ohms. If you end up needing to resort to this, and you don't have that manual, PM me and I can email you those pages.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...will try these recommendations tonight...tank was off about a week ago for some work being done. guys may not have hooked everything correctly..

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
check the wire connecting from the back bone to the sensor in the middle of the tank. same thing happen to me, and i just forgot to connect it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts