Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Used HK 3" Big Straights. I will get some pics up Sunday. There are some recent pics in my gallery of them on my bike. They are used. I am lowered 3 1/2". There are scrapes on the bottom pipe. The bottom pipe is not round anymore in the back from driving off curbs and the bottom pipe hitting the curb. There is a spot on the chrome that has paint on it. It was that way when I got them they were used when I got them. The inner pipe does have rust on it and it does show right at the head. These pipes sound good and are loud. They do have baffles in them and I could never get them out so I do not know what kind. The pipes still look good but are not show room new. If someone wanted to black a set out these would make an excellent candidate.
$200 OBO plus shipping. Shipping will not be cheap because these do not come apart. There is nothing wrong with these pipes. I just wanted to change pipes so I did.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK here are some pics of the pipes off the bike.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
How loud is loud Rex??? I had Cobra Classic Slash Cuts (short pipes) and thought they were a bit too loud. Those would look nice with the heat shields powder coated gloss black.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not heard any pipes on a VOL I would call louder. I have never gotten pulled over or a ticket but I would not have been surprised if I had. They sound good. I have been told that by a lot of folks. I trimmed on the baffle on the 2 into 1's and made them a bit louder. I can still hear the valve train now. With the HK's I usually couldn't except at idle.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Since I'm considering putting the baffle plates back in the Sportster mufflers I think these would be too loud. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump... Someone needs some loud pipes....

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Rex could use a little bump this weekend :lol:
Viper

·
Registered
87 Posts
Curious what your replaced them with Rex. I just put HK big 3's on and love them. Getting the baffles out are bitch though, I used a threaded rod with butterfly nuts and they came right out - busted a few of the nuts though.

I took out the spiral baffles and put straight flows in, a little louder but not terrible.

Good luck with the sale, they aren't in real bad shape - a little work can fix em up!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cry6p9tic said:
Curious what your replaced them with Rex. I just put HK big 3's on and love them. Getting the baffles out are B**CH though, I used a threaded rod with butterfly nuts and they came right out - busted a few of the nuts though.

I took out the spiral baffles and put straight flows in, a little louder but not terrible.

Good luck with the sale, they aren't in real bad shape - a little work can fix em up!
Jaredene 2 into 1's just going for a different look and I'm lowered 3 1/2" and I am tired of dragging the back of the pipes off curbs and on corners.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Rex, did you find a different muffler? C'mon, we want pics :lol:
Viper

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
472viper said:
Rex, did you find a different muffler? C'mon, we want pics :lol:
Viper
Not yet. I did take the stock baffles out and cut 1/2 of it off 7 remove the fiberglass packing that was in there. Not real loud but you can still hear them. I am still looking for a turnout I like that will fit w/o a bunch of adapters. Yesterday was the first day this week that it wasn't raining so I was riding. Yes I do need a pic or two. The sun is supposed to come back out Tuesday....

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jaredene 2 into 1's just going for a different look and I'm lowered 3 1/2" and I am tired of dragging the back of the pipes off curbs and on corners.

Ride Safe,
Rex
Ouch - even 2.5 inches will drag, I'm lucky my 2 inch lowering doesn't cause a problem!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump....

Someone needs these pipes.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
534 Posts
Will the paint come off?

What is your bottom dollar?

Estimate on shipping to 37920?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bobocephus said:
Will the paint come off?

What is your bottom dollar?

Estimate on shipping to 37920?
I never tried to remove the paint. It looks like the paint is hiding a missing spot in the chrome. Shipping will probably be in the $65.00 range. These pipes don't come apart to ship in a small box. They are long.
How about $250 shipped.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some one needs these pipes....
They sound nice and look decent mounted.

Ride Safe,
Rex

1 - 20 of 32 Posts