Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I bought brand new...vinyl started pulling away from the lid and, well, the rest is result of poor quality vinyl & Memphis weather, heat, and humidity. Great project bags if you wanna recover or paint to match your bike. All hardware included. Latches/hinges still nice and shiny and work perfect. Inner carpet lining is great...one kinda pulled away a bit when I drilled for mounting but I glued back and it looks fine. 2 extra holes on each where my I botched my 1-man mounting job but I'd think you could patch if it bothered you.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1394333199.945146.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1394333217.604304.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1394333230.466154.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1394333241.149825.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Hmmm. I can buy them "brand new" from Tsukayu for $530. That would mean I would have to remove the leather, prep for paint, and paint these for less than $250 or I'd be wasting my time. "New" would be a better deal at that point.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. I can buy them "brand new" from Tsukayu for $530. That would mean I would have to remove the leather, prep for paint, and paint these for less than $250 or I'd be wasting my time. "New" would be a better deal at that point.
Actually, $531 is for prepped and unpainted bags...so you'd have to take off vinyl and prep for less than $256.

Admittedly I don't know what that involved, but I figured there might be somebody interested in fiberglass bags that they don't have to wait 8 weeks for. But thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So these bags, could I remove the vinyl, spray them and clear coat them? Or do they need the vinyl covering?
Once you remove the vinyl they are just plain white fiberglass bags. You can paint til your little heart's content. Seals, hardware, etc are still good. Apparently Chinese vinyl is of inferior quality. Who'd a thunk it

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hmmmm. I might be considering them. I'll keep an eye and let you know
They are great bags. I have plenty of space in mine and they follow the contor of your fender quite well.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They really do look great in the C50. Here's a pic of my bike (and the bags) in their heyday.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1394542478.214981.jpg

Never had any issues with room in these at all. The difference b/w like simple throw over style bags and these in the whole look of the bike isn't even close.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump..price reduction

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hmmmmm
I'm watching these too

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vazlos said:
I'm interested, any idea what shipping would be to CA?
I have no idea (I get a FedEx discount at work), but I'm paying for it anyway. $235 gets you bags and shipping ; )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts