Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the front brakes expert.
I installed a new braided brake line, swapped out the brake fluid, and replaced the pads. Everything went well - except for the "test after assembly".

Problem: The wheel spins but there is resistance. If I spin the wheel I can hear the pads making contact with the rotors. I don't have to use a lot of effort to spin the wheel, but it sure doesn't rotate freely like it did prior to the brake change. Brakes function normally (ie: they stop the wheel when the lever is pulled). I have double checked the fluid and used a speeder bleeder ensuring that there was no air in the line. I have not taken it out for a spin yet - just wanted to get some input from the forum prior to doing that.

Is this normal until a few spins around the block and the pads mesh with the rotors ? Did I do something wrong ? Should the wheel spin freely upon install of new brake pads ? They are EBC pads by the way.

Never activated the brakes when the pads were out - but could the calipers have moved out slightly making the pad touch the rotors?

As always....any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks people !!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: took the brakes off again to double check. As it turns out, the caliper was pushed out a little and I managed to push it back in. Also did another round of cleaning.

Upon re-install the wheel moves much more freely now with very little resistance although there is still a "whirring" sound as the wheel rotates (pads against the rotors).

Am I to assume the pads will meld with the rotors after a couple of miles and the sound will disappear ? Should I be concerned about uneven break pad wear ?

Thanks for the help !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts