Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rode 50 miles or so in a steady rain.
I have to give two thumbs up to Froggtoggs rain gear. Didn't even get damp. That's a winner to me.
I also had a pair of Choko rain boots to cover my leather boots. Again a two thumbs up. The only wetness was from my riding boots being wet before I put these over them.
Gotta be thrilled about not being wet after riding in the rain.

Ride Safe
Wayne :)

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Did you hear that FBC?? HE DIDN'T EVEN GET DAMP--AND HE LIVES IN MAINE!!! See, it's not the LOCATION it's that you got a bum pair! :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, FroggToggs ROCK!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I like my frog togs but my pipes didn't. As long as you keep them off the pipes they are great. I finally found some in bright yellow.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I rode 400 miles in the rain last year on my way home from Maine and got SOAKED. Maybe I got a bum pair as well.

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
I also love the frog toggs. If the weather is 75 or under I don't need rain gear, my riding clothes are waterproof but in Summer the froggtoggs keep me dry enough to stay happy. I think the suit was $49. THey make a gaitor for the crusier riders that will keep the pipe burnage in check.

I love breathable raingear in warm weather. SO comfy.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
I just got a set from TNrookie. Haven't used it yet. Supposed to rain tomorrow and we'll be on a ride. I hope they are as good as everyone says.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Glad you have had good luck with yours! FX4 can contest to the experience I had with my Toggs before returning them for a full refund! Rode 680 miles back from NC last fall, I was dry for approx 6 feet into the ride, the rest of the time, I would have challenged anyone to find ONE DRY INCH on my body!

Luckily, they did fully return my money once I returned home. I have heard many good reports, I may just have had a bad set!

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Cyber:

Its pretty cool they returned your money. You gotta like a company that puts their money where their mouth is.

Ecks, I think the key is to have the frogg toggs fit loosely but be closed at wrists ankles and neck.

·
Premium Member
17,308 Posts
I just got a set of Frog Toggs for Lillie and I yesterday we'll see how they do this summer. :D

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
love my toggs. they've kept me dry for hundreds of miles. haven't seen the gaitors, but at the last show i was at, they had a booth and i picked up a couple reiforcement patches that you can stick on the likely spots to touch the pipes. i admit i ruined my first set that way, but it was when i was taking them off leaning on the bike, so my fault.

i agree with being sure to get them closed up at the wrist, ankles, and NECK especially.

good info on the choko boot covers. i been eyeing those. i got some of their glove covers but haven't used them yet.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Biker Principal said:
I've got the Frogg Toggs Road Toads and they keep me completely dry! Love 'em!
Good to hear...I just ordered some!! I'll put them in my Tsukayu bags, as soon as they arrive via the slow boat from China. :D

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Just got a pair of Road Toads myself. Are these different than "regular" Frogg Toggs? (Maybe because of the high speeds they'd be subjected to?) Or is it just hte addition of some reflective piping and the pocket access?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi Wayne,

My brother Ron.. has a set of the toggs and when we left the Volusia rally last year and drove from Stowe Vt to Naples Maine he was soaked as I was. It was raining so hard for hours I don't think a plastic bubble would have kept us dry. I have cheap wet gear from Wal Mart which has been ok in the past but Ron.. and I got most of the water through the front zipper area and of course our feet had been soaked and got the black hands from the leather die in the gloves. For this year I also picked up a set of the Choko boot covers and a set of there glove covers (mittens) hope they work good. We are going to Americade in Lake George NY for four days during the first week of June and I'm sure we will be rained on.

See Ya,

Paul...

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
TNrookie said:
Biker Principal said:
I've got the Frogg Toggs Road Toads and they keep me completely dry! Love 'em!
Good to hear...I just ordered some!! I'll put them in my Tsukayu bags, as soon as they arrive via the slow boat from China. :D
Gee, mine didn't. Had to wait for the production, Then it was sent from Hong Kong via DHL and on my door step in 3 1/2 days.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paul... said:
Hi Wayne,

My brother Ron.. has a set of the toggs and when we left the Volusia rally last year and drove from Stowe Vt to Naples Maine he was soaked as I was. It was raining so hard for hours I don't think a plastic bubble would have kept us dry. I have cheap wet gear from Wal Mart which has been ok in the past but Ron.. and I got most of the water through the front zipper area and of course our feet had been soaked and got the black hands from the leather die in the gloves. For this year I also picked up a set of the Choko boot covers and a set of there glove covers (mittens) hope they work good. We are going to Americade in Lake George NY for four days during the first week of June and I'm sure we will be rained on.

See Ya,

Paul...

Hey Paul,
I bought mine at LA Harley here in Lewiston. A friend of mine that works there has a set of them, and highly recomended them to me.
I'll keep an eye out on the zipper area though. This set has a flap that covers it. Makes sense that it would leak there.
Have fun in NY. While you're there, I'll be traveling to Florida on my trip.

Ride Safe Bud.
Wayne :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts