Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
sledhead said:
I talked to a shop owner that is located where the accident happened yesterday after i posted this. he said he talked to the niece and she stated the girl was hyped up on drugs. she is still in jail where she belongs. I may get my jewels in order and go talk to the wife. I don't know her very well and didn't want to create more grief for her. but i think that is the only way I'm gonna find out exactly what happened. plus i need to offer my condolences and help if she may need it. I've been trying to find something in the paper , but no info has been available.
Sled,
My sympathy is with you. In tragedy, you will not be making the tragedy worse by Comforting a person over their loss. It behooves us to comfort others. In this way we also wish for comfort when we lose what we love.
comfort others and in your time of need others will be there to comfort you.

BobandMary

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sled, that's just so awful! More than awful. Words fail me. My condolences on the loss of your friend, and prayers going out to his family. She'll probably be grateful for your time and expressing your feelings. I would contact her.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sled, I just read this thread and I am so sorry about your friend. Just awful. If we were closer we would attend the trial as well. She needs to fry. No excuse for her actions. Anyway, just wanted to express our condolences.

My wife who also rides, says, there is a special place in Heaven for bikers and he will find his place, when it comes her time, all the bikers in heaven will get their turn with her and everyone else that has caused a biker to go down.

Take care,

Ironhead and Lil Devil

·
Registered
439 Posts
shooterrex said:
Maybe we can get a bunch of us all in leathers sitting in the gallery an let the jury know we are not OK with $hit like this goin on around here.
Ride Safe,
Rex
You should go dressed in your everyday clothes (whether suit, jeans or leather) carrying your helmets so the jurry sees that bikers are just like them except we ride. Empathy goes a long way towards jury sentencing.

Sled - I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thank you everyone for your support. this has been a trying time for me and have even thought about selling the bike. i don't know i could get it out of my blood. Lyn was a good friend and it really tears me up. the viewing is on Monday. a memorial day i will never forget. the funeral will be Tuesday, but i don't think i can attend. the viewing may be more than i can handle. Michelle has been patient with me. i try to talk about him but have to stop mid-way. then i won't talk for awhile, and she leaves me to myself. I tried to go talk to his wife today but when i got there i couldn't go to the door. I know she is hurting and i don't want her to see my reaction. for some reason this is hitting home a little harder than it ever has before. I've had friends die, but this time has made me do some thinking.

I did try to do some work on the bike this morning, but couldn't get into it. I went for a small ride (10-15 miles) and the whole time kept thinking, what if. I see a car coming to a intersection and the what if starts. I've never had those thought till now. I would see the car and watch it, but never have the "What ifs". I'm hoping that goes away fast. I know I'm being a little paranoid because of what has happened but if this happened every time i rode i don't think i could enjoy it anymore.
I'm gonna get off the coach now. I feel like I'm talking to a psychiatrist. sometimes i think you guys are better than a psych. you don't know me that well, most haven't meet me, but you read my rambling without charging me $75 for 15 minutes. and give positive reinforcement.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Sled....go see her and let her see she's not alone in her hurting. It might be good for her to see how loved he was by you and would be good for you to let her know too. It's ok to grieve and it's ok to think "what if"...you'll get to where you need to be in your own good time and right now you're where you are because, well....that's where you are, I guess. There isn't a timeline with grief and you'll find what works for you as you need to. Hang in there.

Dave

·
Registered
377 Posts
Another senseless loss of life. Unfortunately the courts will probably slap her on the hand and set her free. In any case, our thoughts go out to the family of the rider.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
sledhead said:
I tried to go talk to his wife today but when i got there i couldn't go to the door. I know she is hurting and i don't want her to see my reaction.
If it were me, I would want you to visit and cry with me. It is o.k. to show her how badly you are hurting over this too. She will be comforted by knowing others miss him as well. Sometimes all you can do is go and cry with them.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I did stop in to see them today. we all sat around and talked, cried and hugged for awhile. didn't know a roll of toilet paper had so many sheets. I guess talking to her help with closure. we'll truely miss him and it gave me a chance to understand what had happened. I do feel a bit better. I had to pass the site on the way and you can still see the blood stain on the pavement. i think that was the hardest thing for me. like i told her, i will make the showing, but just don't think i can do the funeral. it's hard enough knowing i wont have him nagged me about my Volusia, riding with me, or just sitting around shooting the shit. I just don't think i can handle the final step. I have a large empty spot in me right know that will take awhile to fill, but i know i will always remember my friend only in good thoughts.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Sorry, man.

What a nightmare for you.

I'm sorry.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Sled take your time getting yourself back to where your comfortable again on the bike. It's normal to have these feelings you're going thru now so accecpt them for what they are. Do go see your friends family at the viewing and let them see your sharing thier grief as well. Sure it's a tough road but so are you. Let them know that you may or may not attend the funeral itself but that you'll be there with them in spirit if you stay away. Follow up a visit with his wife later on just to let her know you still care.
As you know we're here for you whenever/ whatever.
Larry

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Carbon_One said:
Sled take your time getting yourself back to where your comfortable again on the bike. It's normal to have these feelings you're going thru now so accecpt them for what they are. Do go see your friends family at the viewing and let them see your sharing thier grief as well. Sure it's a tough road but so are you. Let them know that you may or may not attend the funeral itself but that you'll be there with them in spirit if you stay away. Follow up a visit with his wife later on just to let her know you still care.
As you know we're here for you whenever/ whatever.
Larry
I second this.... I really don't like funerals, but I also know that closure is tooo darned important.. you need it.. you might not realize it, but you do..
we are all here for you....

My best friend past away October 18, 1984 (I named my daughter after her) twice a year I go to the cemetary, on her birthday and the day she passed, I bring her something and Joyce my daughter brings her something... it is my way to see her I always talk to her and it is my way to teach my child that going to the cemetary is a respectful thing to do. I almost always kneel and almost always cry, but as longs as I have lived here I always go...

now at the same cemetary is my nephew Keith, Danny-a boy I used to babysit, Nikki and Dana Friends from high school, Sherry-a Friend from out bowling team, Dick-a friends dad WE go only on Joyce's dayd, but we visit all of them, bringing a small Happy Meal toy to my nephew .. We stop and talk to all of them... I understand they are NOT there... but its good for me, to know where they are...

Julie

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but thought about this all day in my head on Sat. when Carbon One and I were out ridin . Prayers and thoughts are out here for you and the family of need right now.

Take care my friend
LOL Jeff& Tonia

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry for your loses Sled. I hate when a fellow rider dies from ignorance, stupity, or hatred. Life is not a video game, there is no reset button. I hope all parties involved eventually find the piece they/you deserve!
FALLEN, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Sled, all I can offer is my condolences.
My advice is insignificant, to what you know is in your heart.
It seems that life is NOT fair.

All we can do is live our lives with purpose, while we can.

I'll offer prayers for the comfort and peace that your friend's family and all of his friends, like you, deserve.

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
So sorry to hear this sled. Prayers to your friends family.

Cricket

21 - 39 of 39 Posts