Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of 1-1/4" freeway bars for my bike. Question though....
has anyone with 07 C50 had any problems I should look out for? Also, how do they look with the pegs on them? pics would becool!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I have an 07 C50 with the 1 1/4" Cobra bars on. No problems at all. If you haven't installed them yet, make sure you have all the bolts started before tightening. I momentarily had pegs on mine but couldn't get them positioned to where they fit comfortably, so I took them off.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
with the bars you will lose some turn angle. depending on what you bought. cobras have alot of curve to them and can reduce how aggressive you take a curve/turn. Take riding w/ them at first a little easy and work up to where you feel you can handle the bike and the bar.
A little scraping is ok. Just be aware of the road surface features.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it true what I've been hearing about these things taking all the fun out of riding those winding roads

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Problems? Like dragging the bars and bending them? Yep, done that (didn't go down though). I put about 10,000 miles on w/o a problem and no problem on winding roads. In my case, I turned on a city street and leaned into a bump/rising pavement in the dark. There are a few others who have scraped them or crashed, but I think it is usually in very tight curves or unusual pavement. I'm not real aggressive, but I do scrape the pegs on ocassion, but have only scraped the bars the one time. I did put Cobras back on my bike, btw. You will find some who have scraped or crashed and you will find some (probably more) who swear by them because it saved the bike or them damage when they dropped the bike or crashed. Something to be aware of, but in overall risk, probably way behind things like left-turners, gravel or deer.

No intention to scare you, but here is one discussion:
Bikerpop Cobra bar crash

·
Registered
395 Posts
Make sure the bottom of the bars are pulled as far forward as you can possibly get them when you are tightening them up.There is a small amount of adjusability there.If they aren't forward....changing the oil filter is a PITA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts