Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its time again for our annual winter get togther/booze fest.
Anyone and everyone is invited. I think this is our 6th year ?

Venue change

Fairfield Inn & Suites in Slippery Rock, PA 1-724-406-0535

Ten rooms set aside for Feb. Friday 14th and Saturday 15th.

When you book your room mention "Volusia Riders" for the deep discounted price of $113.00

Try to book ASAP and post when you book so I can keep track.

The hotel is holding rooms until FEB 1st.

We will be able to use the meeting room for free, for the eating of the pie. We are counting on you Curt.

Attending and booked

Duglaura ?
Mark1
Krislord
Monkeydunk
Niacian
Philjet ?

Attending
SteveG
Scrappy

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I should be ableto make it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The hotel pictures showed a pool and hot tub. A Nov. review mentioned eggs, sausage breakfast. Wifi is not free. It looks as nice as where we booked last year.

·
Registered
19,507 Posts
Slippery Rock is good. North Country Brewing is close for dinner.... You'll like it...

I'll be stag this year.... Possibly dragging the boy with me, so probably only going to stay for dinner or shortly thereafter...

·
Registered
303 Posts
You could do the Lakeview Inn in Sandy Lake. No amenities and in the middle of nowhere with nothing nearby. Do a ride to Sharon and stop at Shannons Candies in Mercer for some good chocolate, then head on to Quaker Steak and Lube to warm up with some wings.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Fairfield is ok with us. I found that it has "free internet access" in the rooms, and wifi in public areas, whatever that means. Hope we don't have to bring a LAN cable.:wayhappy:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
mike - i forwarded to phil.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Cool! Amy and I are going to try to make it, depends on my work schedule. Slippery Rock works for us.

·
Registered
19,507 Posts
Mike.... Can I make a suggestion for dinner????

North Country Brewing:

North Country Brewing Events

It is right IN Slippery Rock AND they brew their own beer. Oh, and the menu is pretty good too!

·
Super Moderator
4,369 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Reservation made for Robster, Myself and at least one Robsterette.
Please note that if you want two queens instead of a king bed, it will be $119 per night,(big deal,) and you have to talk to Jen Doyle on day shift. I made the reservation at night, then called back during the day to make the quick change.

Looking forward to seeing y'all, although the shopping will be minimal, what with our dollar having fallen through the floor! Come on you yanks, start buying our oil again!!! Good thing beer is still cheaper down there!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just been checking out the places to eat. Our vote is for the North Country Brewing Pub, for the principle reason that it is a prior mortuary. Hmmm...fitting for this lot! Secondly, it is very close to the hotel, and they have quite a selection of draft beers, and a vegetarian menu. Beer and dandelion leaves, what more can one ask for!!!

Robster has already located the local quilt shop, so I will definitely be needing a beer! (Or 2 or 3....)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Carol and I are booked for Sat night only. We'll get there as quickly as we can after she gets off work.

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's a shame about the brew pub being booked. I would still like to drink there, so I won't be driving anywhere. Red Rock is ok, but it's still about a mile from the hotel. Unless others want to DD, maybe cabs are in order. Getting complicated.

·
Registered
19,507 Posts
Red Rock is fine. I've only had the sandwiches there. They were good. The entrees were a bit steep if I remember correctly. Is the bar closed at North Country, or just the dining room? I want to get my growler filled if I can...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The Red Rock looks ok. Not familiar with the BYOB. You put a few beers in your coat or a bottle of wine to take along? Not sure if the prices are more or less what we had last year? Our money has lost on the market so our costs take a hit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts