Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who had done the big loop (four corners) on their C50 / VL800?? How was it? Is it doable with this type of bike?
Just collecting info... planning this trip in August.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It's not the bike that matters, it's the seat! Fresh tires, rain gear, good shield, maybe the phone numbers of reputable VR members along the way?

I'll be in Minnesota in the middle of August, but let me know when you're planning to hit the SoCal corner- I'd love to ride down there with ya.

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
A few years ago one my friends, and a member here that never comes here, did 3 corners. From Maine, down through New England to get me. Then from there we were off to Jonstown, PA.
After the Thunder Rally he was off to Ohio, then south to Arizona, New Mexico, and southern Cali. From there he went up the coast to Washington and across the top of the states till he reached Ct. again where he stopped back at my house before heading back up into Maine.
It was about 30 days. One new rear tire, no mechanical issues, and stayed in mostly campsites. He did buy a seat pad in PA though. He had a Gel seat and found it was NOT going to be enough for that trip. A Mustang seat would work in this case.
7 deserts, plenty of sunburn. Made the trip tough with sunburned face. Side wind for 100 miles at a time that made him lean a fully loaded bike the whole way. And sometimes relentless rain that forced him to the side of the road for hours.
He had a ball! Stopped at all the places he wanted to see. Got some wildlife pictures that were phenomenal, and met many, many people along the way.
If you do it, just give yourself plenty of time. My friend had peoples houses to stop at for visits so part of his 30 days was spent with friends and family. Just to ride it might not take as long.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm headed from southern Ontario to California, Oregon, Washington, then down through Colorado, N. Mexico, Oklahoma. Winding up at the International Rally in early July. The Vol. will be a perfect bike for the trip. Camping all the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts