Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put on forward controls but dont to pay a monster price for the chromed out ones any thoughts ? I want a little more forward than stock .

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
jdn40 said:
I want to put on forward controls but dont to pay a monster price for the chromed out ones any thoughts ? I want a little more forward than stock .
if you want forward controls, you pay the price. if you want control relocation kits, those can be had for less than half the price of a cheap set of forward controls, and as the previous 2 posters have said, John is the way to go.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
I really like these forwards.

OOPS! Wrong picture. Sorry. :wink: But I did put a Johnskits forwards RE-LOCATION kit on my '03 Vol. A well built, solid product at 1/3 the price of new pegs. Moved my feet forward about 3', much more comfortable.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I received my John's Kits forwards yesterday. Can't wait to install 'em. I'm 6'2". I'm waiting on the adapter for the Cobra bar, though. :(

·
Registered
770 Posts
How do these kits affect the handling of our bikes? I would like a little more room to strech out but don't want to sarcifice any handling.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am interested in the forward relocation for my 05 C50T but I'd like to see a picture or two of these mounted on a bike with floorboards. I emailed John but he didn't have an pics. Anyone on the board have a set installed with floor boards and willing to share pics or any experiences with them?
I have Cobra bars as well so I'll have to relocate that forward as well and I see John also has a link for this.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
I have not noticed any difficultys at all in handling. Slow speed, tight turns are no problem. No feeling of being unbalanced. About the only negitive i can come up with is that it changes the angle of your foot so that your heel is lower. In very tight turns you might drag the heel of your shoe on the road. That really hasn't been a real problem though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts