Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
just got a set for tanker for his birthday (and i know witch from this site is looking at them as well).

they're lethal threat decals, which are excellent quality. tanker has had some lethal threat skulls on his bike for over a year now:

and they more or less still look brand new. the skulls you're looking at are about 3" wide and about 8" tall, with clear backing to them so all you see is the design. the backing is contoured to the design as well, not rectangular.

tanya ships fast, though i found her shipping cost to canada a little high (about $16 :shock: )...but what the hell, they arrived in time for tanker's birthday :D

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
How well do the fork decals stand up to washing? I know MY forks get filthy from bug carcasses, and i don't get after them before parking the bike each & every ride out. So after about 2 or 3 trips out...my forks are pretty nasty from all the dead dried on bugs.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
so far so good. i dont wash much during the year. usually 1 good wash/wax in the spring, then maybe 2 during season, and a good wash before winter storage. i have not had any problems with them peeling off when washing.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
your own prep work (making sure the surface is completely clean - wipe with alcohol to remove any wax) before applying will often dictate how well a decal adheres...i'm gonna get tank to go at his forks with some metal polish, then wipe down with alcohol before i put the decals on.

his sidecovers had the old decals scraped off, were sanded, then wiped with alcohol before application. they've since been washed a few times, and generously rubbed down with pledge, fukken wax and mother's wax, with no ill effects at all.

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
476 Posts
Those skulls are sweet.
I tried searching google for fork decals but couldnt really find anything related. Are there any sites that have a selection?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Try searching for fork skulls...

·
Registered
849 Posts
pretty cool flames.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts