Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just had this bike a few months and have noticed a slight “clunk” now and then, especially in heavy wind. I took the fender off last week-problem solved.
Then I got run off the road on Sunday and noticed this lateral movement of the fork (About 1/8”). The pinch bolt is frozen and rounded out🙄.
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions while I’m waiting for tools and lift to arrive?...
I don’t understand how, if the pinch bolt is frozen in place, I am getting this movement.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
It may not have been tightened properly, cross threaded, and the accident forced it to slip a couple threads. With being cross threaded, it will seem frozen. Be cautious when trying to loosen it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks-I ended up destroying everything up to the threaded part of the pinch bolt...so, now, there is no pinch bolt in place and the lateral movement of the fork is exactly the same (about 1/8”)....so I guess I’ve been riding, since February, with a purely aesthetic pinch bolt🤷🏻‍♂️...Which explains the “clunk” I’ve been feeling/hearing. This going to require some macgyvering🤗

1 - 3 of 3 Posts