Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Don't know what my deal is but I've had gas problems 3 times in the last two months. Event 1 I actually ran out, I was on a shakedown ride just after rejetting the carbs, I'd messed it up so was just dumping gas thru cyl #1. Tank was on reserve and just a couple miles in it leaned out and died. I coasted as far as I could and pushed the bike along about 1/10 a mile to the gas station. Frigging drag with the cages zooming past.

#2 I was on my test ride after doing the valve clearance, same deal- leaned out and died AT THE SAME PLACE ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? but just before I started pushing I checked the gas valve- on main this time, flipped it to reserve and was back in business. Whew!

Event #3 was today- gas gauge said I was at the bottom of main but reserve should still be there and the engine started leaning out (miles from a gas station yikes!). I flipped to prime and it picked up again. Near the station I tried main again, leaned out again. Tanked up and its running OK now, we'll see. The Bandit has a vacuum operated fuel valve, I wonder if theres something going in there- though no indications of a vacuum leak. We'll see...

Greg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Gas light came on for my first time today and I did kind of freak out, because I simply wasn't sure how much I had left.

I continued on to work, then on my way home stopped by the shell and went onto pump 3.2 gal. Did the math and came out to 39mpg. Not sure if that is good or bad, but it beats the s out of my Audi's 13-16mpg...

61 - 64 of 64 Posts