Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few Rush fans here, so I thought I would share... For the rest, feel free to hit the "Back" button now ! :wink: :lol:

Went to New Orleans yesterday for the Rush show and had a blast... the concert was great - the band really was on, and brought the house down!

Here are my pics... they were taken from the third row... 263 total...
:eek:

BTW, I wasn't brave enough to bring in my good 7.1 megapixel Sony camera, so I had to settle for the lesser quality pics taken from an iPhone... didn't find out until at the show, that security didn't care if I took pictures or not (even with a real digital camera)... :brick:

But, most of them are really not too bad, considering using the iPhone... :wink:

You can view all the pics via slide show here: http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/ru...s%202008-04-20/

Here are a few samples:

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
sweet! great pics - i'll have to show tanker when i have a minute :)

jeez, you'll never see rush and maiden play together on one stage...there ain't a stadium big enough to hold both peart and nicko mcbrain's kits at once! :lol:

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I am a huge RUSH fan, and saw the Snakes and Arrows tour last July when they came through Phoenix. Do you know if it was a different setlist than last summer's tour?

They are coming back in a couple of weeks, but I am not going this time, but my sons are. If they were playing anyplace other than Cricket Pavilion I'd be there, but I hate that place. It's an outdoor amphitheater, in PHOENIX, across the freeway is a sewage treatment plant, so you get the odor.... Admittedly, it won't be as miserably hot this time of year as it is in July, but it's just an awful venue. Ozzfest was 3 days earlier and the grass had been trampled into mud. BTW, last time, my wife tried to bring in a small digital camera and the jerks working security made her walk all the way back to the car. I had already made it through security and they wouldn't let me back in if I took the camera back.

Incidentally, during the July show, there was a police helicopter hovering over the venue for most of the show. They didn't tell us until after the concert that a police officer had been shot across the street and the parking lot was on lockdown as they searched for the killer. We sat in the parking lot for 2 hours in 100+ degrees before we could get out of there. I swore I wouldn't go back there, ever - unless it was for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
mistressk said:
sweet! great pics - i'll have to show tanker when i have a minute :)

jeez, you'll never see rush and maiden play together on one stage...there ain't a stadium big enough to hold both peart and nicko mcbrain's kits at once! :lol:

cheers!

-mistress k
I'm going to see Maiden next month. This will be the 5th Maiden tour I've seen. Psyched!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
^^ might be seeing maiden again this summer when they come back to toronto. we saw them in 2006 at the molson amphitheatre (outdoor venue) for our anniversary, and tanker's been to every tour since about 1985..

already have our tickets to ministry's final tour on may 4th 8)

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Really great shots! Hey in pic #7 he's playing my Bass. 1972 4001S Jetglo

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
How the hell did you get tickets like that?

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see them again here, but I will be working an Air Show in NY state. :cry:

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Canuck said:
How the hell did you get tickets like that?

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see them again here, but I will be working an Air Show in NY state. :cry:
Let's just say, I paid a "premium" price... :wink: Actually, it wasn't that bad, and certainly worth it!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DocGibby said:
Really great shots! Hey in pic #7 he's playing my Bass. 1972 4001S Jetglo
Cool! I have a 1977 4001S Jetglo myself... here are a few of my basses (I have a couple more not pictured):

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fletch24990 said:
Cool pics Carl, I'm glad you had a great time. When are riding up this way??
Thanks Rick... in spite of the concert being moved back one day I still had a great time... my brothers and friends all met up at the french quarter before the show, had several Hurricanes at Pat O's :wink: and walked back to the arena... The concert was a blast!

fletch24990 said:
When are riding up this way??
Man, I am grounded for the next month... just started high blood pressure medicine. I had been feeling bad for the last two weeks, getting progressively worse... for years I have had borderline high blood pressure... this past week I started monitoring it again since I was feeling aweful - it was consistently high all week long (day and night)...

I have to be careful in the next month to see how I might react to the medicine... I could end up being nauseous, dizzy, faint, having irregular hearbeats, etc. or worse...

Hopefully, I won't have an adverse affect on this medication, and I will be better off soon. Take care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts