Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'd like to get it into someone's hands, being as that it's pretty much just sitting.
I've only had it out a couple times this last summer.
I really enjoy riding it, it's so comfy, but man, so underpowered.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I had two C50's and rode a lot of two up with my sweetie. She is queen size :) We did a lot of two lane and twisty roads and I was always beating on it to a certain extent. I moved up to a roadstar 1700 and it was a significant improvement in power. It still did not fit the bill. I hit the rev limiter with the 1700 in every gear except 5th at one time or another. I've got a FJR now and I don't have to beat on it to go as fast as I care to. Smooth pulling in any gear any time. Lugging and chugging are no longer a detriment to my riding. The roadstar despite having all that supposed low end torque, would chug and let you know it wasn't in it's happy spot. The only thing I don't like about the FJR is the straight cut primary gears are rather noisy at times. The Roadstar had a chain Primary drive and I liked the absence of driveline noise. The 05 C 50 I had was a bit better than the 09 for drive line noise.
I don't think I could go back to a C50 as it just wouldn't have the get up and go I like.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I had two C50's and rode a lot of two up with my sweetie. She is queen size :) We did a lot of two lane and twisty roads and I was always beating on it to a certain extent. I moved up to a roadstar 1700 and it was a significant improvement in power. It still did not fit the bill. I hit the rev limiter with the 1700 in every gear except 5th at one time or another. I've got a FJR now and I don't have to beat on it to go as fast as I care to. Smooth pulling in any gear any time. Lugging and chugging are no longer a detriment to my riding. The roadstar despite having all that supposed low end torque, would chug and let you know it wasn't in it's happy spot. The only thing I don't like about the FJR is the straight cut primary gears are rather noisy at times. The Roadstar had a chain Primary drive and I liked the absence of driveline noise. The 05 C 50 I had was a bit better than the 09 for drive line noise.
I don't think I could go back to a C50 as it just wouldn't have the get up and go I like.
And this has what to do with my posting a bike for sale?:serious:

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Apparently, facebook seems to think you can smoke a motorcycle.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Automatic transmission is a big plus for new riders! It should sell quick with that option ;)
NICE!!!!!

There isn't even a box to check for automatic transmission!:grin2:

Facebook!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll::roll:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts